Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever lost your Cell Phone?

Ever lost your Cell Phone?

I did lose mine last week, I left it in a Car I delivered to a dealership.
    I had no idea when or where I lost it I drove 8 cars that day.
    I work for a car Auction in KC Mo. 3 days a week.

I was lucky a Salesman found it, and called my wife, I had ICE Wife number on my phone.
    Its not locked, or passworded, so he just called. I went Sat. and got it back.

I started thinking of what if I don't get it back, what is lost for good....

Do You Have a ICE number on your phone, in case something happens?

Do you depend on your Cell? Could you go a month with out it? lol

Buttset from Mo.

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Re: Ever lost your Cell Phone?

Yikes Mikes! Don't do that.
    Yes I have ice numbers too.
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4 ABS/Airbag
    Moded Harbor Freight Clamshell trailer and tent
    Previously 2007 Aspen Sentry

My one and only total loss of a phone:
    I rode with my brother one year as he moved his boat to downtown Knoxville, TN where they used to have a boat parade every christmas. People would put all these lights on their boats, which were mostly large cruisers, my brothers was like a 40ft or so. Was cool seeing all the boats (20+) on the water all lit up. So I'm helping him back in his boat in a slip and I go to tie off one of the lines and I bend over forgetting my cell phone is in jacket pocket and as I bend over it falls into the lake never to be seen again. Was like a torpedo when it hit the water, was a sad feeling to see it disappear. Just for the heck of it I called the phone to see if it would bubble or anything.
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

(Threadstarter)

Meach I was doing the 600 mile Yard Sale one time on my Trike.
    I camped in Ky. Mammoth St. Park, and I put flip cell phone in
    compartment on top of small cooler, in my tent. I woke up and
    wondered what time it was, checked the cell, 3AM, opened the cooler
    lid and threw it in the water. I got it out opened it up, next morning I
    tried it and it worked. Screen was blury. Two days later in Ten. I put
    it in my pocket and walked into a swimming pool. It vibrated.
    I opened it up and left it overnight. I put it together, and somehow it
    worked. My family had rented a big Log Cabin for a reunion.
    I came out of the bedroom, dew rag on my head, sunglasses,
    held the phone in my hand, raised it in the air,
    and said HEAL THIS PHONE, I GOT CALLS TO MAKE, all my family laughed
    and could not believe, after two baptize water dunks.

It still worked.....

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Bubbles Meach, REALLY DUDE!
    You have to have Mike teach you to retrieve your phones like Elisha

http://www.goodsalt.com/details/pppas0209.html

When my son (20yrs old now) was still in a car seat my phone was on the seat next to him. For some reason he reached down and then threw it out of the open window as we were heading down the hwy. I saw it in the rearview hit the curb and bounce back into traffic in time for the car behind me to run it over. That was kind of a once in a lifetime weird event.
    ST1300, tent, coffee... check lets hit the road

A buddy and I are riding to Appomattox VA this last April and camp at Piney Grove Campground in NE Mississippi. It's a COE campground, and with a Senior Pass it was only $12 a night for the 2 of us, and the site was waterfront and had water and electric. I had put a battery tender on my trike that afternoon as it was the 1st trip on my Harley Freewheeler and I wanted to ensure the battery would be strong. I offered it to him that evening and he said all was good. We get up the next morning to get an early start, and his battery is too weak to start his bike. So we hook up the charger. Meanwhile I take my phone out and text while we're waiting. One hour later and we're on the road. We stop for gas in Muscle Shoals Alabama, 75 miles from camp, and I realize I don't have my cell phone. Total panic. I had 14 more days on the trip, many passwords were saved on the phone for websites like Amazon, etc. I called the COE CG and they said they would look for it. 10 minutes later I was speaking with a Park Ranger who found my phone, ask me where I was and offered to meet me halfway. I couldn't believe how nice that was. He save me at least an hour of riding. I offered to buy him lunch which he didn't accept, just ask us to come back and visit. Best camping deal so far, $12 for a waterfront site with utilities, and personal delivery service for left items.

The phone out the window reminded of a recent phone event that is good to know. My grown daughter and husband were going down the road at night with their two kids when they got into an argument, my daughters phone rang and her husband in his anger of the moment grabbed the phone and thru it out the window. He realized that was not a smart thing to do but they couldn't stop to look for it due to the kids being with them. I think he walked up and down the road for a bit while my daughter watched the kids.

So the next day my daughter comes to my house with a story about "losing" her phone and needing to use a computer and our wifi to try and find it. Later I get the rest of the story. Turns out with an android phone you can log into your google account and it will ping your phone and show you on a map where it is located assuming it is not dead. So while grandma watched the kids my daughter and I went to where the phone was on the map and we walked up and down the road looking for it with no luck. Next we found that thru her google account she could have her phone ring at full volume even if sound is turned off evidently which we did, so now she was walking down the road near where on the map it was showing and sure enough she heard it ringing, it was in some high grass next to road with no damage.

Now I know how I can possibly find the phone If I lose it, unless its under 20ft of water.

I lost mine under a kayak! I bought another phone then when I wen to use that kayak again I found the old one laying under the kayak! Doh!! HAHA!!

Most smartphones have the ability to have user-initiated tracking. For example, "find my iPhone" for iPhones. As long as it's powered on and has a signal, you can find it.
    2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2013 Haul-Master Tag-A-Long | 2011 Honda Shadow Aero (Wife's)