Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woke up this morning.........

Re: Woke up this morning.........

Congratulations. You deserve it.

I retired 7 years ago and have enjoyed it. The last occupation I had was nurse so I still work part time at health screening which is the easiest job in healthcare. Gets me out of the house and out of my wife's hair. But I think I'm about to stop because I'm tired of very early morning starts, crappy weather on dark, unknown roads and traffic in general. It's just not as much fun any more.

I've also started some hobby-like activities. I started beekeeping last year w/o much success but this year is going much better. I bought a gas smoker last summer and keep trying recipes for ribs (MMMM), whole chickens (best I've ever had) and salmon (needs work). I also bought a dehydrator to make jerky (1000's of recipes for that) and dried fruit and fruit leathers. I've resurrected Mom's fruit & nut ball recipe and make that every few weeks for me, my wife and my daughters (1 vegetarian, 1 vegan) for healthy snacks. One daughter has a house and no SO currently so I also work there too. THe wife and I like to travel but not much on the bike d/t her hip issue but we visit places and relatives we want to see by car (she's also afraid of flying).

Sounds like you've got a great summer planned. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do now that you have more time to do it.

Bill
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Congrats on retirement. I'm still 3 years away.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Congratulations Larry, I envy you I still have 2 1/2 years to go. You get setup in Yuma you'll have to join us at the Salton Sea's Meca Beach when it cools off.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

The good news is that you woke up this morning. Congratulations on retirement. I am right behind you.
    2013 HD Tri Glide
    HOG, IBMC, NRA, NHRA, AWS

Congrats on retirement. I retired 12 years ago. I used to ride a lot but after TKR in Dec I haven't done any. Hoping to get back in the saddle soon though.
    2004 GL 1800
    1995 Kwik Kamp

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Busier now than when I was working.
    Pursue your hobbies and interests, Larry!
    You'll soon get out of the 'got to get it done because it's the weekend and back to work Monday' to, shucks, it's Saturday and it's going to be busy. I'll wait until Monday!
    Does that mean you won't be attending the North Cascades Camp Out in Aug???
    If I make it I will make it with my pickup and pop up camper. I am not sure if I will be in the area. Our schedule is wide open. I want to meet and greet so if we are anywhere close, we will be there.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    Congratulations Larry, I envy you I still have 2 1/2 years to go. You get setup in Yuma you'll have to join us at the Salton Sea's Meca Beach when it cools off.
    My last trip down there as I went by the turn for the Salton Sea area.... I thought of your trip report. I look forward to joining up. I am also looking to camp at Death Valley. We did spend a few nights at Joshua Tree NP in Jan. 2017. I look forward to spending some more nights there as well.

Congrads on your retirement. It's been a year since i retired and it's been great. I have been on the road since May 25th and am working very hard on wearing out my second set of tires Hope you folks can make it to the WA campout.
    Take care,
    Bob
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Congrats larryinSeattle/larryinYuma, the both of you! My retirement got off to a slow start with my health, I'm much better now. I can now go a whole day without being tired. I'm working on my Bike and trailer to make it trip ready. When I get back in town I'll resume the bathroom remodeling that I started. Then I'll install the hurricane windows. Work a little around the house, then go play for a while. Repeat

ssteve

Congratulations. I retired a year ago May and love it. I can keep busy with Leatherwork, archery, hunting, motorcycling, camping and the preps that go into all those things. I also occasionally teach archery at a wounded warrior retreat. Or I can just lounge around with no schedules and no deadlines it can all be up to you.