Thread: Gwizz..thought of you today

Gwizz..thought of you today

as I prepped chicken, tater, carrots, onions, and celery to go into my DO. I have not cooked in a DO over an open fire in quite a while. Love the raiser you made me for my pot and the DOLL for the lid. Wish I was closer because I would bring you and Deb some for dinner.

Big ole hug buddy
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: Gwizz..thought of you today

I like those campfire foil cooked beef or chicken they have a Cracker Barrel.

Taters, carrots, ear of corn cooked with it is some good eating. Made me think of it reading your post.

Stopped at CB going to the Chill. Man it was good.... Missed you dkurfiss maybe next time..

Buttset from Mo.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by buttset View Post
    I like those campfire foil cooked beef or chicken they have a Cracker Barrel.

Taters, carrots, ear of corn cooked with it is some good eating. Made me think of it reading your post.

Stopped at CB going to the Chill. Man it was good.... Missed you dkurfiss maybe next time..

Buttset from Mo.
    I do hope to get more camping in next year and hope to see you too.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    as I prepped chicken, tater, carrots, onions, and celery to go into my DO. I have not cooked in a DO over an open fire in quite a while. Love the raiser you made me for my pot and the DOLL for the lid. Wish I was closer because I would bring you and Deb some for dinner.

Big ole hug buddy
    Deb,
    Nice to read your post ... I'm glad you like the Dutch Oven utensils I made for you, and you're getting good use from them ...
    We've been using our Dutch Ovens on a regular basis ... Just recently we used our largest, a 12 in. D.O., make an Enchilada Casserole for a family get-to-gather.
    Those who haven't seen a D.O. in use were surprised how well food could be cooked in one.

Once you get set at your new place in Ohio, you won't really be that far from us, ya know ...

Hugs back to ya ... And a couple for Susan too ...

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Deb,
    Nice to read your post ... I'm glad you like the Dutch Oven utensils I made for you, and you're getting good use from them ...
    We've been using our Dutch Ovens on a regular basis ... Just recently we used our largest, a 12 in. D.O., make an Enchilada Casserole for a family get-to-gather.
    Those who haven't seen a D.O. in use were surprised how well food could be cooked in one.

Once you get set at your new place in Ohio, you won't really be that far from us, ya know ...

Hugs back to ya ... And a couple for Susan too ...

G
    I was telling Susan at dinner last night that I think I know a place along a river in MI. that we could visit friends at and camp a night or two Tell Deb we said Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I was telling Susan at dinner last night that I think I know a place along a river in MI. that we could visit friends at and camp a night or two Tell Deb we said Hey!
    Hey ...I KNOW that place ... Free camping ... Lets D.O. a campout there ... Real soon ...

G

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Hey ...I KNOW that place ... Free camping ... Lets D.O. a campout there ... Real soon ...

G
    Real soon will be in a couple of years for us This year all vacation time is accounted for. Next year I do not believe there will be any as it is retirement year and if she does not take any then she gets $$$ for it. But, I might be able to convince her to do a swing by on the way home from the UP