Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HF Tag Along

Re: HF Tag Along

Looks like HF not going to have this any more. That true?

There were still some at the HF in Palatka, Fl. earlier this week.

Dan
    http://www.motocampers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15477&dateline=146341  4148

(Threadstarter)

Yes they are discontinued.

(Threadstarter)

I found two near Nashville. Strange thing the hubs were different on the one they opened up for me. The hubs look nothing like the one I bought and they both are made same month, same year.

They still have the trailer kit, which in my not so humble opinion is a better deal anyway. Also, Northern Tool has that same trailer with a black frame instead of the red. Looks like the eight-inch wheel version is also history. Only one I see in the catalogue is the twelve-inch version.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

(Threadstarter)

I was told that the Tag Along is discontinued. No idea if they will beef it up and make a better one. Lebanon, TN has two right now. I finally got mine together and will go to my brother in law to beef up the fender welds. Gotta shorten the chains and turn my hitch over to be higher, its too low. I had to bend the larger u bolt to fit the holes in that bracket to hold the tongue. I looked at a trailer in Lebanon, TN store and it has different hubs, they are smaller looking and has textured paint on them. I do not know the difference to mine. And if there is a difference.

For those that are thinking of getting one of these trailers... Check with your local laws on getting it registered in your state. In PA, my nephew bought one of these and since you have to assemble it, the state makes you get it inspected including pictures by the inspector and a bunch of other hoops to jump through. Total cost for the trailer was like $300 but it cost him MORE then the cost of the trailer to get it registered. That was here in PA, other states may vary...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Finally, my last question. On the harness is a white ground wire with a pre installed loop, does it go to the back of the taillight or is it grounded to the frame? Then there is a ground wire off the led taillight, does it go to the frame also? Sorry, I'm old and if its in the instructions I can conquer the world. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet7373 View Post
    Finally, my last question. On the harness is a white ground wire with a pre installed loop, does it go to the back of the taillight or is it grounded to the frame? Then there is a ground wire off the led taillight, does it go to the frame also? Sorry, I'm old and if its in the instructions I can conquer the world. Karen
    All the HF kits I've seen use the frame as a common ground. Yes, the white wire is your ground (or negative).
    For longevity and reliability I suggssst you buy some stranded 16ga wire and run a true from the harness to each light.
    '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

(Threadstarter)

Well....this thread can be used as a journey that has ended with frustration. I have every thing done and install the bottom, then have to do it twice due to the drawing in the instructions is wrong...Then put the top on to install those side latches and the holes in the top do not line up at all. This means drilling new holes....SO, after my old hands hurting so badly from all this, I'm done. I put it on craigslist with the info its not totally assembled. If no one responds in the next 10 days for it, then it will be taken apart and returned to the store. With so many parts missing, parts not fiting, having to use a drill to make some things fit, all the scuffs and gouges, its finished with me. My patience is gone. Karen