Thread: Leesure Lite side marker lights?

Leesure Lite side marker lights?

Tail lights and brake lights all work. Both right side marker lights and left front are out, but the left rear one works. I've cleaned 2 ground connections under the trailer that I could find, and the bulbs are good as I checked continuity on them.Doesn't appear to be any broken wires under the trailer. Any ideas? This is a 2002 Excel model if it makes a difference. TIA.

Re: Leesure Lite side marker lights?

Marker lights usually ground underneath themselves. Pull the screws and see if there is a ground wire under one of them.... Clean with wire brush.
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Derick View Post
    Marker lights usually ground underneath themselves. Pull the screws and see if there is a ground wire under one of them.... Clean with wire brush.
    These are pop riveted in... I really don't want to drill them out if I don't have to but it's looking like it.

Have you tried running a wire from the light to a known ground... to confirm it's on the ground side?
    2008 GL1800
    CSC Escapade Elite cargo trailer
    Kwik Kamp camper trailer

Check continuity from ground contact at lite to ground at frame to verify good ground, Check power side from lite contact to frame ground, should see batt voltage. This will help determine which side of circuit problem is on.

When I had the coil replaced in the left electric brake hub, Dale Coyner at Open Road Outfitters decided to rewire the brakes because the original wiring was getting frayed.

To power the side marker LEDs he used those tap connectors to tap the new wires he ran back to the back LEDs (brake, turn, running). After a mere 500 miles, those connectors had failed, and I lost the side marker LEDs.

Got underneath the trailer, and removed the connectors, and soldered the wires and shrink wrapped / taped them. LEDs work now, and probably will continue to work.

I hate tap connectors!
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn