Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of a Kamperoo trailer

Anyone heard of a Kamperoo trailer

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Kamperoo trailer built in Australia. I know of a 1994 camper trailer for sale that was used just one time by the owner when he went to Alaska and hasn't used it since. I've stopped and looked at it and the outside is in really decent shape, however the owner was on a cruise in the Atlantic so I haven't seen it opened up yet. He claims the tent material is in great shape, but with a musty smell. I found some info online, but the pictures show the Kamperoo now built is much heavier and bigger than this 1994 version seems to be. Has anyone ever had or used this brand camper trailer? The owner bought this new and used a GL1500 Wing to pull it to Alaska with no effort he claims.

Allen

Darksider #1655

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Re: Anyone heard of a Kamperoo trailer

Hey Allen!
    I've read a few posts in the past of them but haven't seen one. Like a leisure lite I believe.
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4 ABS/Airbag
    Moded Harbor Freight Clamshell trailer and tent
    Previously 2007 Aspen Sentry

Hi Allen

If it is a motorcycle camper it will be a CUB Kamperoo Junior. Although no longer available new they were made in Melbourne Australia. Designed to suit motorcycle or small car.

Unfortunately I can't find any specifications on the web but my belief is they were about 180kg. Hard floor flip over and could have an awning attached as an option.

Regards Wayne
    May the Force be with you, gravity never fails.

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Another post on them with some information on them

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...light=kamperoo

Itinerant Motorcyclist leftwing's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7udezyte.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	332.2 KB 
ID:	21152

I've had a Cub Kamparoo (from the early 90's) for almost twenty years... pulled it all over the west with my GL1500 and before that with a GL1100. I purchased it from an old couple who had taken it too Alaska with their GL1200. Not sure about the weight but under 400 I think 300 to 350 range.
    Michael
    Curmudgeon from the Left Coast

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by newday777 View Post
    Hey Allen!
    I've read a few posts in the past of them but haven't seen one. Like a leisure lite I believe.

You may be right Stu. I went over to look at it and it is a very low trailer to the ground like a leisure lite....it's located in Fitzwilliam, but won't give more hints as I want first chance at it since I've been in communication with the owner. Are you back in NH or in the "lots of between area" lately. Are you interested if I'm not. It is an absolute steal and I could share that with you in a PM if you are....of course after I decline if I do. This price is so ridiculously low.

Allen

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by leftwing View Post

Name:	7udezyte.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	332.2 KB 
ID:	21152

I've had a Cub Kamparoo (from the early 90's) for almost twenty years... pulled it all over the west with my GL1500 and before that with a GL1100. I purchased it from an old couple who had taken it too Alaska with their GL1200. Not sure about the weight but under 400 I think 300 to 350 range.
    This looks like the body of the trailer. Very short sidewalls, about the width of a twin bed, and the trailer has those same funny looking wheels. Are they removable and replaced with studded hubs and wheels. Tires need to be changed out anyways.

The owner claims the tent material is musty but in good shape no tears.

Allen

(Threadstarter)

I was shocked when I went to look at this camper trailer a couple days ago. The owner had bought it new in '94 and hauled it to Alaska with a GL1500 Wing. He then parked it when he got home and never went motocamping with it again.

So I was not expecting good results when I went to see it. It takes like maybe 1:30 for one person to open this camper up to completed set-up. He is 80 years old and showed me how quickly and easily he could set it up. I was floored when I saw that canvas tent open up and it was just like new condition. No mildew or fungus growth on it and when I poked my head inside to look around after it was open I couldn't even smell any musty smell.

It does need two new running tires and also the spare tire as well as greasing the bearings. Also the front panel and tongue need to be painted as they were exposed to road debris for the whole trip and the original factory paint is in rough shape. LED's hadn't even been invented in '94 so all the lights will be changed. I need to buy a twin size piece of good memory foam for use as a mattress as there is no mattress in it now.

Here's some pictures of the Kamparoo camper trailer. Notice the pictures were taken before the tent was folded back into the camper body so the tent material is not stretched taut. You can see just how nice the tent material still is after all these years. BTW, yes I did buy it.

Allen

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	573.9 KB 
ID:	21171

(Threadstarter)

I can't seem to ever figure out how to attach more than one picture at a time.

AllenClick image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	506.6 KB 
ID:	21174

(Threadstarter)

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	21177