Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Pass price increase

Senior Pass price increase

If this has been posted before, sorry about that, but it's worth mentioning...

The price for the National Parks Senior Pass is going up big time...from the current $10.00 to, I hear, $80.00.

I had ordered one online several weeks ago but they are really backed up (plus there is an extra $10.00 fee for the online purchase) and as of Memorial Day weekend, it had still not arrived.

As it was, I spent a nice day in Harpers Ferry the day before the Rolling Thunder ride and was able to pick up my Senior Pass there. The nice lady (who also nicely noticed my age. ) told me of the pending price increase. Luckily, I was able to cancel my online order when I got back home.

So...If you're that magic age and you qualify, or have been dawdling, you better get on that wagon soon.

Cheers.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Re: Senior Pass price increase

I purchased mine 11 years ago. Cost ten bucks at the ranger station at Rocky Mountain NP. Everything increases in cost over time, especially 11 years.

Since this Senior pass covers everyone in or on a vehicle, even at 80 bucks for a lifetime (however long that may be) I think it's a good deal. No, a great deal.

I wonder how much w/o the pass. Was 20 bucks a visit. Wonder if that went up.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

I got mine 2 years ago at Big Bend National Park in Texas. The Ranger was busy when I got there so I walked around looking at the station. When he was done he asked me if I was 62 or older and would I be interested in a lifelong pass for $10 instead of a 7 day pass for $25. Seeing as I was on the first leg of my 2 1/2 month biking/camping trip I jumped all over that. I ended up using it several times on the trip and am ready to use it some more!

Dan
    http://www.motocampers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15477&dateline=146341  4148

Best investment I have made...especially when visiting National Parks...and agree with BVail...even the $80 one time charge is a bargain, even if only used a couple of times a year. No bitchin' here.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to use it.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    Best investment I have made...especially when visiting National Parks...and agree with BVail...even the $80 one time charge is a bargain, even if only used a couple of times a year. No bitchin' here.
    A bargain indeed!

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

I miss it by a year as I'm a late boomer, 1956. Sure would be nice if I could pay the $10 now so it was waiting for me next year when I turn 62. Oh well. Late again.

BTW you can get a second bike in with the pass. Same with the yearly pass.
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4 ABS/Airbag
    Moded Harbor Freight Clamshell trailer and tent
    Previously 2007 Aspen Sentry

I am not old enough to get a life time pass. I did buy a pass last year ,and it did pay for itself on our trip to the west,but I don't consider it a deal. It's a double tax. We all pay tax to our federal,state, and local government,and when all added up ,i along with many others in this country are paying 50 cents on every dollar we make tax,part of which are suppose to pay for these kind of things. I consider it another way our government has figured they can scam us out of more money,and make us feel good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by newday777 View Post
    I miss it by a year as I'm a late boomer, 1956. Sure would be nice if I could pay the $10 now so it was waiting for me next year when I turn 62. Oh well. Late again.
    Yea, me to. Oh well, I'm sure some people on here would be happy to change age with us...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

I've had an ACCESS card for close to a decade. If it had cost $100 it would have paid for itself many times over through the 50% discounts. But it was free (disabled Vet) so it is priceless.

I plot my way across America using National Forest, BLM, COE, and NWR campgrounds as much as possible. Though there are a number of city and county campgrounds I just can't not go to, because they are so nice.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn