Thread: Plan to build another Lake Cabin.

Plan to build another Lake Cabin.

I posted some pictures of my Cabin I built in the 80s.

I have started again, found 2 lots in a gated area near Truman Lake, mid Mo.
    Hope to close, in next two weeks, water sewer power are in.
    My sister, and two of her sons are in the same area, so they can keep an eye on
    my cabin while I am off riding,

I think I might have a 12x32 shed dropped there and kind of finish
    it inside like a Tiny House, you see on You Tube, lots of ideas.
    I get to use all the extra furniture I had from the move...
    I filled a 14 ft enclosed trailer with Cabin, stuff, some cool thing and pictures.

So maybe by fall I can invite some to come and camp on my lots and enjoy a weekend.

Any one else like to have a cabin to go to for the weekend? I am pumped.

Here is a picture of my other cabin I built.

Buttset from Mo.

Re: Plan to build another Lake Cabin.

Would love to have one if I could afford two places... I admire your ambition and motivation Sir!

A man with a vision and motivation. I would have been hard pressed to have ever left your other cabin...looks like the Ritz. Just going to Google Map Truman Lake and check for mileage.....

LOVE your cabin!!! Maybe sometime me and the kids aka dogs can visit and camp outside your cabin! R u near a quiet lake or river? We love to kayak! Also LOVE your cupboard and all the finds u furnished your cabin with!

(Threadstarter)

Well this cabin in the pictures has been sold in 2011.
    I built this one in the mid 80's in the Ozarks, on 15 acres.
    It was built on a bluff over looking the Sac River.
    The new owner just wanted to build a Co. Style Cabin Home in meadow by the road.
    He uses my cabin as a guest cabin.
    I built this one over 18 months, it was 24X24 with a loft. Had solar panels, and wood stove.

So this post is about me building a New Cabin, near Warsaw Mo. Six miles from Truman Lake.
    I hope to close on the two lots, soon. Then the cabin will start.
    I have some of the decorations from the old one, and a lot of western things I plan to display.
    A Tom Mix photo 3x4 I got in Branson, and a black and silver saddle I found on a 600 mile yard
    sale I rode my trike on in 2010. Lots of other stuff.....
    I am excited and want it to be started soon.
    So I will invite a campout when its done. My lots are level, and shaded, in a gated area.
    If it works out as I hope I may even live there year round some day....????

Buttset from Mo.

Awesome!I struggle with woods and water... I am putting in a larger koi pond this summer with a waterfall feature to tend as I age...

Hope it works out for you. We have kicked around building a cabin on one of the islands around Juneau but so far just a dream. In the mid 1980's myself and a buddy built a remote cabin here in SE Alaska. It was only accessible by water. We hired a 60 foot landing craft to bring in the materials. I am sure you will have an easier time getting materials to your site.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers

(Threadstarter)

I am Closing on the LAKE LAND at 9am Thursday. I then head for the Chill at Hunts in Ten.

Bob I might just buy 12x32 prebuilt cabin, with doors and windows installed, with a porch, dropped there, in a week or two.

Too old (69) to build one from ground up. Again lol

So finishing the inside like a Tiny House, on YOUTUBE is my plan.

I have many ideas, I feel good, that power, water, sewer, are in. So big work is done.

I miss not having my place in the woods. I read a book,1979, about a DC Newspaper man, who
    built a cabin in the woods, in Va. This started my dream, and I built mine, in the 80's.
    I went many weekends, alone, and loved every night I spent. I once was scared awake,
    by Wild Turkeys, in a tree, right outside, my loft bedroom. A river flowed below my cabin
    built on a bluff. I could see for 5 miles. I had 15 acres of Ozark woods. Taxes were $89 a year.

After 20 years someone found my secluded Cabin. They pryed open a window, and hauled off $1700
    of stuff. Having this happen, made me sad. I was so proud of all the work I had done. I went less next
    two years, weeds, poison ivy, grew back, land tried to go feral again.
    Then, Brother of a neighbor called me
    wanted to buy the `15 acres, to build a home, in meadow, at the top, by the road. My cabin
    was not even in his plan. He made it into guest cabin.

He got me at a weak moment, shot me a offer, I thought was fair. I said yes, I signed the papers
    the day my son Tim passed away. I never could go back down there, I maybe made a mistake selling it.
    But, I did it, and now, I have a second chance!!!

This Lake Lot is in a gated area, nice lots, level, with trees, shade, grass.... MY sister, two of her sons, lots, are in the same area.
    So they can check, on my place, while I am off riding the Trike. I Feel I can make it nice and no one will break in this one.
    I can even live there full time if I choose, because I have two lots. Not sure I will, but never know what someday I might.
    Its 6 miles from, Truman Lake, and I have a bass boat, and plan on taking grandkids, fishing, and hope to leave the Cabin to my
    Son Jason and my grandson Sam... I hope they like what grandpa does, I like having a place to go to read and fish, and ride, my
    Trike, spend some winter nights buy a woodstove, decorate it with all my Western Stuff, and Fishing things, I collected over years.

Buttset from Mo.

Aloha!

Wow! That cabin is gorgeous. Well, I'm sure your next one will be just as nice.

I inherited a cabin on a lake in Upstate New York that I sold in the early 90s. I have regretted that. My father (RIP) bought the land and built the cabin (well, cottage actually) with his two hands and no help. It was very nice. Three bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and large living room with fireplace. But it was rustic. No running water and a very poor septic system. Only electricity. The people that bought it put in a well, proper septic, propane and foundation. They were going to live there full time. My father put it up on concrete pillars, not on a foundation.

Anyway, good luck with the new one!

-3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

(Threadstarter)

Thanks 3sport I built that one by myself. Wore out 3 Stanley handsaws and did it all myself.
    Weekends for 18 months, and I loved it because I touched every board in it. Got a generator
    after I finished. lol 18V dewalt power hand drill, got a lot of use. Cedar fence boards were used
    inside, it smelled great. I bet your dad felt as I did, a sense of pride. I showed my friends the
    ground, and said I am going to build it right here, and I did it. I set 20ft 6x6 posts by myself.
    24x24 with a shed style roof. I will bring my pictures of the build to a campout sometime.