Thread: Midwest to the chillout?

Midwest to the chillout?

I'm in Indiana, and I'll be flying solo. Anyone else from IN/IL/OH/KY that is heading to the chillout that might want to hookup in transit?
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Re: Midwest to the chillout?

When are you leaving? I'm in Greencastle. We are heading that way but may not be there the whole time.

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

I'm going. Not sure when I'm leaving yet. Probably Thursday morning. I'm up on the north side.
    The deepest spot in Lake Superior, The largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.

(Threadstarter)

I'll probably be leaving Friday morning....

(Threadstarter)

Hey Scoob, your PM box is full here, so I can't reply...I'm definitely leaving Friday....or maybe thursday afternoon and moteling it - I dunno. I'm definitely game to ride home together, but I think you're 12 hours ahead of me.

We won't be able to leave until the afternoon Friday. Safe trip to both of you.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Derek, I'm leaving Wednesday but we may be able to get together for some of the trip home.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    I'm going. Not sure when I'm leaving yet. Probably Thursday morning. I'm up on the north side.
    Derick, we are leaving Thursday morning and staying at the Grove Campground in Corbin Ky. We will be leaving from there early Friday morning. It's 4:30 from here to the Grove and 2:30 from there to Hunts. How far are you from Indy?

Jeff

I've been on the fence for this campout for a while. If I did go, I'd go right down route 23 from Ohio to the Chill-Out. So we'd be using different routes.

But this year I have set a goal to moto-camp in a 200 mile radius of Central Ohio (where my GL-500 Insterstate is garaged). My Triumph is in Florida and it's staying south from now on. The Honda GL-500 is for camping in the north, but the 500 cc engine limits me a bit. I don't like taking it out on the highway. It can do 95 mph, but it's breathing hard at that point and nothing is left. So I stick with secondary roads like Route 23 and have decided to discover more campsites locally.... well... within that 200 mile radius of Central Ohio.

Have fun gents!

-3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery