Thread: McCormicks Creek State Park

McCormicks Creek State Park

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our night there, but it was a fine place.

McCormicks Creek is just outside of Spencer Indiana, and provided us a pretty nice Class A site for the night. The campsites were a bit smaller than I like, but all the amenities were there. A few idiots too. There was a pretty loud party going on until after 11, which didn't bother us. We kept to ourselves, talking, cleaning up dinner, etc. Site had a fire ring with full swivel grill grate, and was semi level. I had to put the leveling jacks to work on the time out, and we extended the sleep section out to the edge of our site to ensure it was level.

Cost was $30, plus another 7.50 in fees courtesy of reserve america. They provide a decent service I guess, but a 5 dollar reservation fee, and a 2.50 transaction fee is ridiculous. In addition to your site fees, it's $9 to enter the park for non residents, and $7 for residents. I have a Indiana DNR card, so entry was free. Those cost $50/yr.

Showers were near scalding hot...so not sure which is better....cold, or not, but it seems only michigan has gotten it right thus far in my travels with an adjustable shower.
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Re: McCormicks Creek State Park

So with all those fees to non residents what would the cost be, $50/night?!
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4 ABS/Airbag
    Moded Harbor Freight Clamshell trailer and tent
    Previously 2007 Aspen Sentry

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by newday777 View Post
    So with all those fees to non residents what would the cost be, $50/night?!
    Basically.

On my trip to WI at Gov Dodge state park, it was nearly $100 for two nights and the use reserve america as well.

I guess it should be said, that the entry fees, and the reserve america fees are just ONE TIME. They dont generally apply daily. So, the longer you stay, the less per day the fees are. You could also potentially walk up and get a site for 30/day which is the base price, but then theres no guarantee that is open.

McCormicks Creek is a nice visit. One of my favorite local rides is #67 to #231 & #46 which borders the park.

I visited Starved Rock State Park in northern Illinois last weekend. Amazing amount of people, the trails were like walking around downtown Indy. Maybe because no entrance fee?

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

We were at Clifty Falls this past weekend down in Madison. I'll be on site 121 at McCormicks in July with a teardrop camping group. We rode over there a few weeks ago to check out the site.
    The deepest spot in Lake Superior, The largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.

Clifty Falls has some trails that made me realize I'm old.

U guys have it cheaper.. us Canucks pay even more..no wonder GLAMPING is starting to take off...camping fees have become ridiculous anywhere!Best price is at the Northwoods campout in Michigan via the sidebar on this site!

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Construction Clifty Falls trails!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRon View Post
    Clifty Falls has some trails that made me realize I'm old.
    Your not kiddin Ron. Trail 4 from the riverbed was punishing!