Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IBMC campout open to everyone

Re: IBMC campout open to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Be nice to see you again, been a long time since retiring as Postmaster of Bluford.
    A "stamp licking" hello from another retired Postmaster...

I also made the Vienna campout as well as the National in central Kentucky last year. My camping this year is going to be very limited since the Bride recently had hip replacement surgery and I am her favorite "caregiver." A job that requires patience, tolerance, love and an ability to take direction on kitchen technique, use of HER laundry and learning to use HER appliances...this housework requires very close supervision..otherwise the "un"skilled labor(me) might need refresher training on general domestic procedures...and...she will be doing NO driving for six weeks until released by her doctor....talk about Driving Miss Daisy.....anyway, all is going well even though we are kept very close to the house for the time being. No camping for this ole boy any time soon. You all have fun out there.

Mailman if you get to needing a campout just post a campout in your back yard
    we will all come over. LOL Hope to see you later in the year.... Buttset from Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by buttset View Post
    Mailman if you get to needing a campout just post a campout in your back yard
    we will all come over. LOL Hope to see you later in the year.... Buttset from Mo.
    You know Mike, I have actually given that some consideration, but think absence of "latrine" facilities would be an issue...numerous trees and a creek, as well as wood...but some might draw "Obama's Red Line" at the other "accommodations." Maybe a couple of porti-johns....hummm But now that you have planted the thought...there are numerous COE/NFS/SP campgrounds within striking range around here that I'm sure everyone would enjoy with great riding roads nearby...especially in the northeastern,eastern and southeastern parts of the State. I would more than likely be able to sneak away for a couple of days later in the Summer or early Fall timeframe. Wifie may even be able to roll as well and I would not have to sneak away....

(Threadstarter)

Don't know if the carnival will be going on next weekend, it was in full swing Friday night when we went by. Grounds looked good with all the rain that has been going on.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

(Threadstarter)

Well it never fails, son busted his heel yesterday. Had him at ER yesterday and doctor today, tomorrow its time for ct scan to see how bad and how many pieces. Friday for consultation after ct scan and probably see about who gets to do the surgery. Camping this coming weekend at Vienna is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Well it never fails, son busted his heel yesterday. Had him at ER yesterday and doctor today, tomorrow its time for ct scan to see how bad and how many pieces. Friday for consultation after ct scan and probably see about who gets to do the surgery. Camping this coming weekend at Vienna is a bust.
    Sorry to hear about your Son. Hope the Doc's find that he will heal well.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Still hope to make this, why is Life so complicated? LOL

If I don't make it, I will camp in my back yard.... next to the hot tub.

Buttset from Mo.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

WoW! sorry to hear about your sons accident. A busted up heel sounds really painful!!!

I just checked the weather for this weekend and it's looking pretty good. Maybe a little rain on Friday but, after that it looks clear and sunny. Mid fifties at night and upper sixties to low seventies during the day. Good temps for

Hope to see you all there!
    Roger

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

(Threadstarter)

Had ct scan today have to take him Thursday to see surgeon, orthopedic doc didn't like what he saw. At least gas in Benton is 1.93 for all this running 84 miles one way, he ask if I thought he could get in the sidecar with the boot on. Might get in but it rides like a log wagon with springs turned up for off road riding.
    Last edited by lytle1gw; 05-09-2017 at 04:25 PM.