Thread: Lake Cumberland Kendall Campground

Lake Cumberland Kendall Campground

I have camped here many of times for multiple days over the years with the motorcycle and it is a nice campground that I wil try to go back to every year. It has clean bath shower houses ,most of the camp spots have electric and water with picnic table and fire ring.They are all mostly level with crushed rock and with trees.There is a trout hatchery in walking distance and the stream coming from the hatchery, that you can fish, that goes into the Cumberland River that is also right next to the the campground.We usually do very good trout fishing here, we call cheaters, because it is stocked in this creek from the hatchery.The campground is just below the wolf creek dam.They have basketball court, a snack bar, boat ramp and a playground.There is a lot of outdoor water activities very close by to do for example rent boats,trout fish,guided stripper fishing,jet ski rental,pontoon boat rental ,houseboat rental,kayaking for a few to mention.Lure Lodge is just a few mile ride and if you don't want to cook at the campground they have a good breakfast,lunch or dinner at the lodge and the state dock is near there also.Lots of good country roads to ride with little to no traffic.Just google Lake Cumberland if there is something else you would want to do in the area. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-27 01.17.37.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	264.3 KB 
ID:	20830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-27 01.18.53.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	20831. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-27 01.21.38.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	20832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004141636.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	20833

Re: Lake Cumberland Kendall Campground

Love that area down there. My grandparents lived in Jamestown until they passed away. I used to spend my summers down there on and around the lake. My grandfather actually helped build the dam years ago.
    "Sappers Lead the Way"
    US Army (Retired) Combat Engineer

Thanks Toad for the review..I to, have camped at this CG on the bike...love the location. Several very nice CG scattered around Lake Cumberland with about any water related activity a person could want.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Thanks for the CG review!
    I have never stayed at this campground before but, I have ridden around Lake Cumberland while attending the European Riders Rally in Burksville KY. It is a very nice area for riding and sightseeing.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Yes Toad a good review. I've stayed there a bunch also. The saddest thing I'm seeing is that the excellent shady sites are losing that cover with the Emerald Ash Borer killing the trees. Such beautiful old trees dying.