Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Amazing site!

  1. #11
    Ken
    (Threadstarter)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    53

    Re: Amazing site!

    Trikerdan, Thank you!
    What are you towing? Cant quite make out what it is?

  2. #12
    BigBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Age
    65
    Posts
    681

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising With Ken View Post
    Thank you Bob for the greeting

    Looks like Alaska to Montana was an adventure to remember for a lifetime!
    How many days did that journey take?
    And how many miles?
    Hi Ken,
    I believe that trip was about 3.5 weeks and about 6000 miles. It was a nice trip with my bride and a couple of our long time riding buddies. The purpose of the trip was was to have the brake recall done to my wing. I figured we would make a road trip out of the recall and get my bike to a real dealer to have the work done.
    Take care,
    Bob
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

  3. #13
    Ken
    (Threadstarter)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    53

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Hi Ken,
    I believe that trip was about 3.5 weeks and about 6000 miles. It was a nice trip with my bride and a couple of our long time riding buddies. The purpose of the trip was was to have the brake recall done to my wing. I figured we would make a road trip out of the recall and get my bike to a real dealer to have the work done.
    Take care,
    Bob
    Wow Bob!
    That is some serious miles in a short amount of time! Excellent job!
    Did everyone fair well? Thats a lot of moving parts lol
    Sounds like a wonderful adventure

  4. #14
    Site Supporter GailForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Age
    63
    Posts
    767

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising With Ken View Post
    Thank for the Welcome Jeff
    I have uploaded some random pics in my album, still figuring out how to get around in here lol
    Had to chuckle when I seen where your from Slept on bench in Rest Area in St. Louis, well a 2 hour nap more like it!

    Have you started the riding season out that way yet?
    We've been teased here in the Midwest a bit. Seventy plus degrees one day and snow a few days later.
    I have managed to ride several days. First camping trip is is early April.

    Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

  5. #15
    Rick B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NE Oregon
    Posts
    333

    Re: Amazing site!

    I sent you a PM Ken
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

  6. #16
    BigBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Age
    65
    Posts
    681

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising With Ken View Post
    Wow Bob!
    That is some serious miles in a short amount of time! Excellent job!
    Did everyone fair well? Thats a lot of moving parts lol
    Sounds like a wonderful adventure
    Actually all four of us had some bike issues on the trip. On the second day of the trip Doug's GL1500 Wing had his alternator crap out. We borrowed one from a friend in Whitehorse. A day or so later Ron's trike blew a fork seal, both of these were on the Alcan. Later on the trip I ran over "something" and it broke the spring on my center stand so I ended up having to tie it up for a day or so. Then as we were having a snack in a turn out my wife noticed noticed a big cut in her front tire on her Wing. So we stopped in at Leland Honda in Kalispell for tires and a spring for my center stand. All in all that was more "issues" than I have had in 40+ years and more than a quarter million miles of trips out of Juneau.

  7. #17
    Ken
    (Threadstarter)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    53

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Actually all four of us had some bike issues on the trip. On the second day of the trip Doug's GL1500 Wing had his alternator crap out. We borrowed one from a friend in Whitehorse. A day or so later Ron's trike blew a fork seal, both of these were on the Alcan. Later on the trip I ran over "something" and it broke the spring on my center stand so I ended up having to tie it up for a day or so. Then as we were having a snack in a turn out my wife noticed noticed a big cut in her front tire on her Wing. So we stopped in at Leland Honda in Kalispell for tires and a spring for my center stand. All in all that was more "issues" than I have had in 40+ years and more than a quarter million miles of trips out of Juneau.
    One thing about those unexpected events, they make some awesome stories after retuning home
    You planning any trips down to the lower 48 this year?

  8. #18
    Ken
    (Threadstarter)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    53

    Re: Amazing site!

    Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    We've been teased here in the Midwest a bit. Seventy plus degrees one day and snow a few days later.
    I have managed to ride several days. First camping trip is is early April.
    Where ya headed in April?

  9. #19
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,101

    Re: Amazing site!

    Welcome from Western Kentucky!
    Steve

    2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  10. #20
    Ken
    (Threadstarter)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    53

    Re: Amazing site!

    Thank you Steve!
    Just Got off the phone with Lori @ Hunts Lodge lol

    You name looked familiar and sure enough you were on that list!
    Sounds like a great group of people

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •