Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kwik Kamp tent trailer

Re: Kwik Kamp tent trailer

Thank you, please do.

Zapkat, conduit is 1/2" EMT. Corners and splices can be made with 1/2" copper water pipe. The outside diameter of the copper pipe is smaller than the inside of the conduit pipe or OEM pole and slip together. Corners can be made by soldering short pieces of pipe into a copper 90*. B.
    Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you some photos

Hope the conduit info and pics help. The use of conduit vs aluminum poles is a much stronger option. Forgot to mention, to paint the conduit prior to use or keep an eye on it - condensation will cause the pipe to rust eventually and stain the tent material. Good luck with the repair. B.

Thanks again for the pictures and for the info. I'll let you know how it goes. We may have found a source for aluminum tubing, too, so may just be able to get a new piece bent to spec. Good to have options.

Harley,
    Forward the pics and a drawing via email to you - (4)emails due to file size. Let me know if you need additional info. Good Luck with the rebuild. B.

(Threadstarter)

Thanks for the pictures and information. My WiFi was down for a few days, then my printer wouldn't work. I think I am up and running again, so that I can download pictures, and print them. I do have some question on the bed. The base part is damaged and I think parts are missing. Could you get me some pictures(under the bedding) that show how it works? Also on the picture of the poles inside the tent, there is a pole with a strap(from front to back) is this something that you added?

I'll get more pics for you. Yes the pipe between the bows on the roof is a spreader to keep the bows apart, and stop any ponding of water on that expanse of roof and is an add-on

HK
    Additional pics and requested info sent via email. If you think it would help send me a couple of pics of what you are starting with.... and maybe I can figure out what you may be missing or need. Good Luck with the rebuild. B.