Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordered Redverz today

Re: Ordered Redverz today

Very nice!
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Nice tent!! That looks like a lot of room.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Nice write up, John. Thanks. My Atacama is due today...same deal as yours. In fact, the driver just rang the door bell:-) I was back and forth about buying an Aspen pull-behind but in the end didn't think I'd care for towing anything. Also, thinking that I could incorporate my Kelty tarp to make a nice awning and extend the garage/lounge area. We'll see.
    2012 Harley Limited

I'm thinking about purchasing one also. Does anyone know if Harley ultra classic will fit in garage? Not planning on using garage often for bike but would like option during bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by hettman View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing one also. Does anyone know if Harley ultra classic will fit in garage? Not planning on using garage often for bike but would like option during bad weather.
    You might get an idea from my post with pics of my Wing. I could zip it closed, but I have a luggage rag on mine that has fairly sharp edges. It hit pretty hard and the front tire bulged out at the other door. I think it would have been ok except I think the luggage rack would have worn through prett quickly. Especially if there was much wind working the side. I don't have any idea how the length compares to a HD.
    2012 Goldwing & matching Hannigan GL trailer
    Windbender, Traxxion triple tree & AK20 struts
    Michelin Alpin ZP rear tire
    2016 Roll-A-Home camper

(Threadstarter)

I got to try out the Redverz in the real world the weekend at the Moonshine lunch run. I found out that it takes 2 people to erect the tent in a steady 30 MPH wind. After setting all the guy ropes, it remained rock steady. A great feature is that the guy lines are stored in individual pouches on the outside of the tent. When you need an extra guy line, just pull it out of the velcroed pouch and attach it to a peg. When packing up, just roll the line up, and put it back in it's pouch. There's no having to keep up with where you put your lines. Having room in the garage area of the tent, to put your chair and sit while putting on boots is also good. Woke up the 35 degrees and heavy frost, but was well protected and slept well.
    '08. GL1800
    '06. ST1300

Thanks for the update....30MPH wind does sound challenging. Looking forward to getting mine up and trying it out.

Nashcat, Thanks for your review. Looking at your pictures, the one with you standing in the door for reference how tall are you?
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nashcat View Post
    I got to try out the Redverz in the real world the weekend at the Moonshine lunch run. I found out that it takes 2 people to erect the tent in a steady 30 MPH wind. After setting all the guy ropes, it remained rock steady. A great feature is that the guy lines are stored in individual pouches on the outside of the tent. When you need an extra guy line, just pull it out of the velcroed pouch and attach it to a peg. When packing up, just roll the line up, and put it back in it's pouch. There's no having to keep up with where you put your lines. Having room in the garage area of the tent, to put your chair and sit while putting on boots is also good. Woke up the 35 degrees and heavy frost, but was well protected and slept well.
    Thanks for your review!!

Just wondering if you tried setting it up by yourself with the small vestibule end pegged down and facing towards the direction of the wind and insert the remaining poles and then pull the tent forward, taut ???

How was inside condensation?
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Nashcat, Thanks for your review. Looking at your pictures, the one with you standing in the door for reference how tall are you?
    Im 5'11"