RIDE TO LIVE !

(Threadstarter)

Re: Tims Ford Fall Campout

Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    We are "good to go"
    That's great!

(Threadstarter)

I know it's still about 4 months away but last year it became difficult for us to get everyone close together due to last minute reservations soooooo. I just reserved site # 34 and sites 31-40 are still available for now. I'm not going to book more than 1 site for myself so you are on your own this year as far as booking a site. I would encourage you to book your site early since this is a very popular campground during October. Remember, this is the south so, it's usually nice weather during October. ( a bit chilly at night) The event states October 13th, 14th, and 15th but feel free to come early. https://tnstateparks.itinio.com/tims-ford# (for reservations) REMEMBER we're at Fairview campground, NOT the main campground at Tims Ford. Please ask if you have any questions.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by stratoliner66 View Post
    I know it's still about 4 months away but last year it became difficult for us to get everyone close together due to last minute reservations soooooo. I just reserved site # 34 and sites 31-40 are still available for now. I'm not going to book more than 1 site for myself so you are on your own this year as far as booking a site. I would encourage you to book your site early since this is a very popular campground during October. Remember, this is the south so, it's usually nice weather during October. ( a bit chilly at night) The event states October 13th, 14th, and 15th but feel free to come early. https://tnstateparks.itinio.com/tims-ford# (for reservations) REMEMBER we're at Fairview campground, NOT the main campground at Tims Ford. Please ask if you have any questions.
    When I made the reservation the final cost was $59.49 for two nights after a 25% senior discount. I will have room for someone to share my site with.

(Threadstarter)

With just a little over a month left before the event,I thought I would post a update. On Friday evening we'll head over to Winchester (short ride) for dinner at John T's on the square. Great BBQ and a nice option for those arriving Friday afternoon and don't want to cook. Saturday morning we'll head over to Lynchburg, Tn. for short visit and meet up with some folks from Huntsville that will join us for an afternoon ride. After leaving Lynchburg we'll head up to Bell Buckle, Tn. for lunch at the Bell Buckle Café. It's a great little town to visit.... (think Mayberry). For Saturday night I'm asking that everyone bring a can ( or 2) of their favorite chilli. Brenda and Terry Hendrickson will be bringing their toy hauler and I'll ask Brenda to bring a large pot with her to mix everything together. When I checked this morning I see that there are still 5 sites left in Fairview campground. Most of them are across the road from where we were last year. Would those of you that already have reserved sites let me know what sites you're on. Does anyone know where the Motocampers banner is?

Just reserved our site....# 75..looking forward to this "get-together" again.

Marty & Roz

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    Just reserved our site....# 75..looking forward to this "get-together" again.

Marty & Roz
    Looking forward to seeing you again.

I just got #76 for the 12th-13th-14th leaving Sunday the 15th.

I tried the phone # but it did not go through. 800 # worked.

I said Fairview area and she said 3 left I think. So if you need to share #76
    let me know. I am bringing my mini mate I think. So there is room.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by stratoliner66 View Post
    When I made the reservation the final cost was $59.49 for two nights after a 25% senior discount. I will have room for someone to share my site with.
    As of now, site 20 is the only site remaining. I'm on site 34 and sharing with Brenda and Terry Hendrickson. If you're planning to come, you may want to contact someone who has a site and see if you can share. The park says 2 tents per site and a mimi mate type camper is considered a tent. As a last resort, you can call the Fairview office and see if they will make an exception. The sites are quite large so there would be plenty of room if they will allow it.

Today is the first day I have been able to log on.....Glad to be back..