Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tims Ford Fall Campout

Re: Tims Ford Fall Campout

RSVP Added
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Sounds good, FYI last year Trikerdan and us met before chillout at Indian Boundry for a couple nights and had a good time. IB is about 30 min or so from Hunts if you have never been there. Its a NFS (which means we can use our geezer cards ) campground right off the Cherohala. I mentioned doing the same thing again this year and Danny was up for it as well, you're welcome to join us. We met I think on Mon. at IB, stayed two nights and then drove to Hunts on Wed. or so and stayed thru Sun. We're always flexible cause you never know what the weather, etc will be like. He'll probably see this at some point and chime in. We can see how all is going next couple months.
    I like that idea. I'll be riding up with Shamus this year so I'll mention it to him. We were thinking about showing up sometime on Wednesday at Hunts but, it wouldn't hurt to add Tuesday and stay at Indian Boundry. I think it will depend on whether or not Shamus decides to get a Mini Mate or not. If not, he's not going to want to stay IB unless they have cabins there. I'm already getting cabin fever though... can't wait till Spring gets here.

Still contemplating putting a hitch on the beast and picking up a pull behind, but if not, I'll try to make it over for a day ride/visit

Quote Originally Posted by stratoliner66 View Post
    This year the event will take place on October 13th 14th and 15th. Please note we will be staying at the "Fairview" Campground and not the main campground at Tims Ford.

Still a little early, but because I don't remember the numbers from last year, could you refresh memories on the site #'s you're looking to fill.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ-97 View Post
    Still a little early, but because I don't remember the numbers from last year, could you refresh memories on the site #'s you're looking to fill.
    Last year I reserved sites 33 & 34 You and Mike set up on 74. I haven't reserved anything yet.... I might wait till June and see how many sites we'll need. Also, I was going to check with the park and see if we can come to some sort of agreement about how many tents/ campers they will allow per site. If I can get them to allow multiple campers per site maybe we can get everybody on 33 & 34.

If I can get all the planets in proper alignment and my bride gets all her issues in check, I/we will be there. I'll postpone any site reservation till later in the Summer...don't wish to be presumptive and spook the Gods....

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    If I can get all the planets in proper alignment and my bride gets all her issues in check, I/we will be there. I'll postpone any site reservation till later in the Summer...don't wish to be presumptive and spook the Gods....
    Hope you can make it.

Sorry can't make it again I will be at the Balloon Fest in Albuquerque New Mexico at that time this year.

2002 GL1800 Honda Goldwing
    2007 BMW F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Fl Cracker View Post
    Sorry can't make it again I will be at the Balloon Fest in Albuquerque New Mexico at that time this year.
    Were there a couple of years ago....quite an event...even got to assist in a little "balloon handling" a couple of mornings...really enjoyed that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Sounds good, FYI last year Trikerdan and us met before chillout at Indian Boundry for a couple nights and had a good time. IB is about 30 min or so from Hunts if you have never been there. Its a NFS (which means we can use our geezer cards ) campground right off the Cherohala. I mentioned doing the same thing again this year and Danny was up for it as well, you're welcome to join us. We met I think on Mon. at IB, stayed two nights and then drove to Hunts on Wed. or so and stayed thru Sun. We're always flexible cause you never know what the weather, etc will be like. He'll probably see this at some point and chime in. We can see how all is going next couple months.
    I just put myself down as a maybe. I'll be at Deals Gap the weekend before, & will probably head over from there, but might be able to meet up with yall, will have to see whats going on on the homefront as time gets closer...