Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout

Re: 2017 Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout

I am marking the calender for this one wanted to go last year but work got in the way.
    It probably will be last time to camp in 2017.
    2013 goldwing f6b 2014 mm camper 2013 Toyota Tundra 2 door 4x4 2012 Toyota yaris 5 door

(Threadstarter)

Prolly the last 1! YEP! Hope to have good weather but often at that time of year u run into some bad weather..just hope it does not make us tent-bound for the entire time we r there.. I will tell my friend Gary, who owns Country Roads Saloon in Thomas that we may be there 4 dinner 1 night and hope to see him again! Just hope we have a blast of colour and nice crisp air.. we can try to go to Seneca Rocks and Lost River again.. we never made it there last year..At least me and the kids aka dogs got to the hike to the overlook..apparently it is the most scenic spot in the US for colour!

(Threadstarter)

I am really looking forward to this trip! I work 6 day work weeks as much as I can to knock my debts down..starting this past summer I work 4 day work weeks all summer altho I must say a lot of my Wednesdays were taken up with work around here especially when the work started on our pond...BUT now we get to relax by it and it IS AWESOME! So far no visits from the herons but a coon came by even before final water change! The guy that is helping me around here is going to get his coon trap over here...

Anyone make reservations? Do we need them this time of the year?
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Anyone make reservations? Do we need them this time of the year?
    No and I did not make them last year and it was about a month earlier last year..we may be the only ones there as it is almost time for no camping..

(Threadstarter)

I am going to forego the kentucky paddling portion and sw8tching to mountain lake cg for our 1st 3 nights of vaca then head up to blackwater falls s p with whoever is camping with us..a thread about theft and vandalism bothers me so we wont be doing grayson lake sp this year..I dont like the high incidence of theft there right now..Did some more checking and it seems that Summersville Lake Retreat has kayak rentals so I once again am changing my 1st cg stay to this place instead of Mountain Lake cg..Summersville lake retreat also has a lighthouse that offers spectacular views of the area from high atop the mountain..they also have a fireworks show. So we will be staying in west Virginia for the entire vaca! Me and the hairy kids will be at Blackwater on the 19th for the last 3 nights camping.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I am going to forego the kentucky paddling portion and sw8tching to mountain lake cg for our 1st 3 nights of vaca then head up to blackwater falls s p with whoever is camping with us..a thread about theft and vandalism bothers me so we wont be doing grayson lake sp this year..I dont like the high incidence of theft there right now..Did some more checking and it seems that Summersville Lake Retreat has kayak rentals so I once again am changing my 1st cg stay to this place instead of Mountain Lake cg..Summersville lake retreat also has a lighthouse that offers spectacular views of the area from high atop the mountain..they also have a fireworks show. So we will be staying in west Virginia for the entire vaca! Me and the hairy kids will be at Blackwater on the 19th for the last 3 nights camping.
    Check out the edit to my last post regarding change of 1st camping location,not the motocampers campout location, just new info in case anyone else cares to join me and the hairy kids..

(Threadstarter)

Okay so THIS is the latest change! HAHAHA!!! I checked AGAIN with a peep I know who administers the tristate kayakers forum and he thinks the hocking Hills state park will be best suited to what we need and want on our 1st 3 night camping leg! SO no more mountain lake cg, no more summersvills lake cg and Hocking Hills state park it is! Actually this place is only about 4 hours from me so we will be able to relax sooner and ensures our tent will be up and ready to use the 1st night..It was nasty last year,pulling in dangerously tired and could not even put the tent up, slept in the car that 1st night..will even have time to shop 4 groceries and firewood! Found a winery that sells Malbec, my fave red wine and will stop there too! so, Hocking hills state park Oct 16-18 and Blackwater state park Oct 19-21! Can we say fickle or what? HAHA!! I have to be picky about my campgrounds..this is my ONLY camping stint all year!

(Threadstarter)

Just over 1 week to go for this trip! So 3 nights of camping at Hocking Hills state park in Ohio starting Oct , then on to Blackwater Falls state park in WV for the last 3 nights camping for motocampers whoever can join us! There will be sites I am sure! There were quite a few sites last year and it was in Sept....I talked to the park peeps last year about moving the dates to Oct and they said there would be sites available..alot of peeps don't camp when the idea of cool nights pop out..more for us! HAHA!! Look for me and Woody and Lil G, the 2 hairy kids!..

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    Just over 1 week to go for this trip! So 3 nights of camping at Hocking Hills state park in Ohio starting Oct , then on to Blackwater Falls state park in WV for the last 3 nights camping for motocampers whoever can join us! There will be sites I am sure! There were quite a few sites last year and it was in Sept....I talked to the park peeps last year about moving the dates to Oct and they said there would be sites available..alot of peeps don't camp when the idea of cool nights pop out..more for us! HAHA!! Look for me and Woody and Lil G, the 2 hairy kids!..
    We just came from there.. Plenty of sites on weekdays, but filled up on the week-end....We were in the electric sites though !!
    RIDE TO LIVE !