Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout

2017 Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout

I moved the dates into October for this one as I want to see much more colour this year! And yes again we will come via car but that won't stop me and the hairy kids! HAHA!! I really loved the area and hope to see Seneca Rocks this time and Lost River. My friend Gary Riggs owns a saloon in Thomas if we decide to eat out maybe we can try there..he made some great spaghetti last year! We can also have our own eats at the CG.Might be a tad cooler than last year but hey I am game! If too much there is always the lodge there to stay at or a hotel in Thomas/Davis..I am sure there will be more colour for that weekend that we will see! Also if anyone would rather use cars no biggie but we can all talk BIKE etc.....

So hold October 20-22 for this one!

RSVP
    Last edited by Trailace; 01-15-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Re: 2017 Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout

This has been a hard one for me to make. Rained out, wrecked the bike. Always something....
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    This has been a hard one for me to make. Rained out, wrecked the bike. Always something....
    I am renting a car again and coming down that way..2 other peeps may travel via larger vehicle also if they decided to come again this year...no problem if u have to come via car/van etc..I don't even have a bike anymore but its the thought that counts I guess...still good peeps here!

Would love to come, that location is on my way to winter camp easily. But will be in Big Bend TX October 19-21/22 and can't make that much mileage in time. So I'll just go into Florida on US 10 instead.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

I would have thought everyone would be tired of sitting in the house, looking at all the snow and ready to jump on this camp-out. I guess the guys down South are already camping but for some of us, there is still SNOW on the ground.

(Threadstarter)

I figure we will see colour this time,..more of it! Dry season last year contributed to lack of colour,I was told..doing some kayaking too,same order,kayaking 1st,then Blackwater falls.

(Threadstarter)

Seems like the word WE may be involving only me and the kids aka dogs for this campout.. I guess there r less adventurous peeps out there than I thought, but then we will be using a car so I cant really say much.. If others decide to come to this just add yourselves to the RSVP please...we will likely have the run of the campground as there are not as many campers near the end of the season...I will have my tarp to hold more heat in the tent,it has served me well before when camping in 32 degree night cold! AND I am getting a cot....

I am still trying to plan my trip to Daytona within the next couple of days......October is 2 lifetimes away for me

(Threadstarter)

That's ok I still work and have to plan my vacas well in advance,this is the reason why I posted so early...this week I am planning my brother's cremation also.. I got the word yesterday about his death, so I will have to squeeze money out of a rock if he had no insurance..busy day 4 me today!

(Threadstarter)

Booked our car rental for the trip yesterday..hope to get another rogue..love the seats in them! Cant wait to go! Also bought a new slightly used kelty 4 person tent from a kayak peep.. my new cot was way too big for the 3x used tent I have..this 1 will have room for the kids to roam!