Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

  1. #11

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    I have to get out more. Live 200 miles from Cave In The Rock and have never heard of it.

  2. #12

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Once one summer I was taking the ferry from Ky. to Cave in the Rock. As a came to the river, ferry was on the other side. Line of a few cars waiting. I pulled
    behind 62 Chevy. Man gets out, puts beer on roof of car. His wife got out had a beer too. He walked down in a large field of crops. Wife said where you going?
    He said I am going to pick Green beans. She said we got a garden at home. He said we don't have green beans. I was enjoying the show! Well he took off his
    hat and picked the crop and put it in his hat. I yelled "You got permission to do that?" He said this is public land. I ask the wife, do you want me to take his
    Picture? NO she said.

    I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability. (Ron White) I said sir, I don't know to much about crops, but those are Soy Beans. He said "Can you eat
    them?" He dumped the hat, got his beer and they got back in the 62. By now a new T-Bird had joined the line, behind me. He leaned out the window and
    said Yes those are Soy Beans. Maybe 100 acres of Beans. I laughed and have told this story often. 100 acres of Green Beans, would keep a guy with a hat
    busy, for a summer picking Green Beans.... Hoped you like the story.... One of the great things about riding a motorcycle, and people you meet.

  3. #13

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Leaving Greenwood, Mississippi heading toward Utah many years ago. Riding 800cc Intruder with a heavy load. As I'm waiting for traffic to clear two guys on Harleys pull up next to me & ask which way I'm heading. West I said. Asked if they could ride with me. Sure I said. They said they needed to get to Texas and the cops would be looking for two bikes, not three.......Speaking of people you meet.

  4. #14
    Site Supporter mailman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leitchfield, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRon View Post
    Leaving Greenwood, Mississippi heading toward Utah many years ago. Riding 800cc Intruder with a heavy load. As I'm waiting for traffic to clear two guys on Harleys pull up next to me & ask which way I'm heading. West I said. Asked if they could ride with me. Sure I said. They said they needed to get to Texas and the cops would be looking for two bikes, not three.......Speaking of people you meet.
    I would have had to of told them to just go on ahead, I'll catch up somewhere down the road.

  5. #15
    Site Supporter mailman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leitchfield, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheBagger View Post
    When went to Patti's last year we did a Saturday ride I put together , up 62 and crossed the river at Cave in Rock Ferry and circled around to Garden of the Gods and back to Superman and down to the murals in Paducah before going to Patti's .. We go to Patti's several times a year and anytime we go and there is someone in the group who has never been , we always go to Garden of the Gods and Superman , thats every trip ..

    My main riding partner for the past thirty years passed away the day after my birthday in September and we will be taking some of his ashes to Garden of the Gods this year ..
    Honorable tribute for a friend and fellow rider. Hats off to ya.

  6. #16
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,341

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    I've been to the park several times but never camped there, it is a great area!
    Steve

    2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  7. #17

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    I've been to the park several times but never camped there, it is a great area!
    Steve, do you want to do a camp there this Spring? I'm gonna try to get to it before the end of May.

  8. #18
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,341

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by Macjohno View Post
    Steve, do you want to do a camp there this Spring? I'm gonna try to get to it before the end of May.
    Sounds good to me John, I've got a different tent to try out! Just give me a call or PM with details...

  9. #19
    Site Supporter mailman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leitchfield, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Sounds good to me John, I've got a different tent to try out! Just give me a call or PM with details...
    I'd be interested in a little outing like that, if you boys could stand a little more company...

  10. #20
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,341

    Re: Cave-in-Rock State Park campground

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    I'd be interested in a little outing like that, if you boys could stand a little more company...
    I haven't heard from John yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •