Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

I think I read they will supply parts for the next ten years.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

That's the claim they're making, but I wouldn't hold my breath on parts. From the start the bikes they produce were far FAR better than the support they gave them. It works out mostly because the bikes really don't need much to keep them running; they're just that solid. When you do need some work done, or a part fails you are left in the dust for some time. I don't think that adversely affects being able to source parts. There are guys running the original V92 Victory bikes and most of the parts they need can be sourced from any auto parts store. Off the shelf car parts are bolt ons for them. There have been a LOT of Victory bikes produced over the last 18 years. There are a LOT of vendors that make aftermarket and performance parts. I'd bet you'll be able to keep the bikes running for a lot longer than 10 years if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I would never buy a harley either if I was going to buy another bike..I am not getting another bike but have always said that when a 2 wheel machine costs more than a 4 wheel machine there is something wrong and I would never support the idea of giving my money to a company like that.Love the Indians but same thing...too bad about the Victorys....
    So does that include the Honda Goldwing also because they cost more than a 4 wheel machine?

I would never ride or own a wing just due to its size.. I sat on 1 once and felt way too overpowered by its size..not the type of bike for me if I ever was buying another bike, which I am not anyway..

kayakinbiker....... Thanks for weighing in on the subject and not making any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stratoliner66 View Post
    kayakinbiker....... Thanks for weighing in on the subject and not making any sense at all.
    --- ---

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qdog002 View Post
    So does that include the Honda Goldwing also because they cost more than a 4 wheel machine?

My 2006 GL1800A MSRP was in the neighborhood of $24k and my 2007 Honda Ridgeline LT was MSRP'd at $35k, so my Wing cost me much less than the 4 wheel machine. I guess it all depends on what a person desires. A new Burgman Exec goes for $10.9K msrp. Show me a new car for less than that, except for a Tata suicide machine.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Quote Originally Posted by stratoliner66 View Post
    Remind me to loan you my copy of a book by Dr N. V. Peale... I think Linda has physical issues btw, (besides being Canadian... )

Not sure about a V rod, or the newer 114 ci Milwaukee eight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seen.jpg  

Wow; the Harley outran you that quickly?
    You can't put a price on Worthlessness.