Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

I'm on my Vision till she won't vision no more. I was thinking of buying a Slingshot to have around for shixx and giggles, but no more. I will not buy anything made by Polaris because the company might decide to pull the brand. I'm also thinking the first nail in the coffin for Indian was just driven.

In 1978 I started on Honda. Then onto three Yamaha Royal Star Ventures. In 2007 I went with the Wing and finally in 2013 the Vision. HD was never, and never will be a consideration. Hopefully, Yamaha will come out with a new tourer.

Friend had a Vision. Impressive bike until I watched him replace the headlight.

Victory has been loosing money. I hope now they will be able to put more money into Indian. I just bought my Roadmaster this past summer. Makes me a bit nervous.

--
    Gordon

If they had to give up a marque, I'm glad it wasn't Indian. I'm a big fan of Indian motorcycles.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by BchViking View Post
    I'm on my Vision till she won't vision no more. I was thinking of buying a Slingshot to have around for shixx and giggles, but no more. I will not buy anything made by Polaris because the company might decide to pull the brand. I'm also thinking the first nail in the coffin for Indian was just driven.

In 1978 I started on Honda. Then onto three Yamaha Royal Star Ventures. In 2007 I went with the WIng and finally in 2013 the Vision. HD was never, and never will be a consideration. Hopefully, Yamaha will come out with a new tourer.
    I would never buy a harley either if I was going to buy another bike..I am not getting another bike but have always said that when a 2 wheel machine costs more than a 4 wheel machine there is something wrong and I would never support the idea of giving my money to a company like that.Love the Indians but same thing...too bad about the Victorys....

I am surprised. I thought I read someplace last year that the Victory brand had the highest customer satisfaction of all makes. I guess that did not relate into sales.

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Trade in value of the Victories will go right down the tubes, I'm thinkin ...
    That's why I will have to ride it until it dies lol which could be many years or until you can't get parts anymore. Because no one will want to buy one anymore I might be able to pick up a parts bike on the cheap.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    That's why I will have to ride it until it dies lol which could be many years or until you can't get parts anymore. Because no one will want to buy one anymore I might be able to pick up a parts bike on the cheap.
    Yepper, that is what happened when Yamaha stopped supporting the 1st Generation Venture, which were in production from 1983 to 1993. Venture owners started buying parts bikes and kept riding, riding and riding.

I've been a Victory guy for better than 9 years now.. I have 2 in my shed and I don't see either of them going anywhere in the forseeable future. There has been a lot of teeth gnashing and hair pulling over this but for me it's just 'meh'. If you bought your bike as some sort of investment.. sorry. You are hosed. If you bought it to ride it's still the same bike it was 2 days ago before they decided to stop production.. it just means that at some point it might be harder to find a place to get it worked on IF it needs it. I never really considered the dealerships as a bonus for my bike.. I don't like any of the ones in my area and I never really need them for anything that I can't now get from some other source. I'll still stack my 10 year old Kingpin against any other cruiser on the road and feel like I win in the end.. that's why I still have it. I might even trade or pick up another if the prices go south as bad as some ppl are predicting. It's sad to see them go... but it doesn't change what I have. People still covet Vincent motorcycles.. to me that's kinda like what I have in my Victory. It really doesn't bother me in the least that I every other bike I see on the road isn't a carbon copy of mine.

Possibly they will all come collectors items....

--
    Gordon