Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Checked them out today... Didn't have the Cross Country Tour model in stock, but I got to test ride this new Vision!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Victory Vision.jpg  

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    Checked them out today... Didn't have the Cross Country Tour model in stock, but I got to test ride this new Vision!
    And ...... ???? Price cuts? Impressions??
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    And ...... ???? Price cuts? Impressions??
    Sorry Huck... This is a new 2015 model for about $18,000 (plus Tax). Polaris is going to be meeting with dealers on the 23rd of this month to provide guidance to them, so it may come down more following that? I rode the bike for about 20 miles following an employee down I 65 and a couple highways in a big loop... Bike handled good enough, and has all the bells and whistles installed... Kinda reminded me of my GL 1500 because of the chassis mounted fairing with integrated full lowers... Plenty of torque and horsepower to pull trailers I'd say... I must say that it felt good to plant my butt back on my VTX though...

Better lighting in this image...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Vision.jpg  

The Vision is one of the best touring bikes out there IMO. I've toyed with the idea of having one practically since they came out in 08. I can say if I was planning on a tour of the country, like a 4 corners kind of thing, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd be looking for a Vision to do it on. They're pretty good stock, but one little trip to Lloydz in Pine Bush NY will make it simply unbeatable in power. The Victory bikes are de-tuned horribly to meet EPA standards, but with aftermarket air box and filter (2 on the Vision btw) a fuel tuner and maybe cams and it'll amaze you at how it'll go. Not talking a lot of cash to do it either.. like 1500 or so? My friend that rides one did the above mods and he's pulling over 120 ft-lbs and over 100 ft-lbs at 2200 rpm.. all the way out to 5500 rpm. HP will depend on pipes, although the stock S1L1 or S1L2 pipes do very well w/out having a loud exhaust note. The cargo space is odd in my opinion and has always been a picking point amongst those that own them but it does hold a fair amount. Anyways, I'm curious to see how much the floor models drop in price myself.. I have an 07 Kingpin Tour, sort of a

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    The Vision is one of the best touring bikes out there IMO. I've toyed with the idea of having one practically since they came out in 08. I can say if I was planning on a tour of the country, like a 4 corners kind of thing, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd be looking for a Vision to do it on. They're pretty good stock, but one little trip to Lloydz in Pine Bush NY will make it simply unbeatable in power. The Victory bikes are de-tuned horribly to meet EPA standards, but with aftermarket air box and filter (2 on the Vision btw) a fuel tuner and maybe cams and it'll amaze you at how it'll go. Not talking a lot of cash to do it either.. like 1500 or so? My friend that rides one did the above mods and he's pulling over 120 ft-lbs and over 100 ft-lbs at 2200 rpm.. all the way out to 5500 rpm. HP will depend on pipes, although the stock S1L1 or S1L2 pipes do very well w/out having a loud exhaust note. The cargo space is odd in my opinion and has always been a picking point amongst those that own them but it does hold a fair amount. Anyways, I'm curious to see how much the floor models drop in price myself.. I have an 07 Kingpin Tour, sort of a
    The Vision is Victory's answer to the Goldwing, and there's no question that it's a good imitation... The ride is similar, but it lacks the power of a GL 1800 based on my memory of a few years ago. I really think the GL1800 is a better buy and more practical in the long run? No doubt the Vision is a great ride though!