Thread: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

This announcement just released today.

http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/company...t-announcement
    Don Ricks
    Atlanta. Ga

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive"

Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Now this is said news, I love my Vision and have never owned a better bike than it. Well hopefully it will last a few more years before I need any repairs that you won't be able to get parts for.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

Maybe this will open touring market just that little bit extra needed for the new Venture announcement....

Well that is a bit of a surprise. We were talking about it a few years ago after they re-started Indian and we figured something would have to happen with two similar lines competing against each other. I figured the best selling Victory models would be blended with Indian but my crystal ball gets foggy some times.......
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers

Mixed feelings. I feel bad for the Victory devotees, but I'm happy for admittedly selfish reasons, too...I've been drooling over the Indian Scouts for a few years now and intend to get one when my current bike (and me) gets retired.

I've considered getting one sooner but I decided against it due to the low number of dealerships. I live near a major city and as of now there are no local Indian dealers, and two of the three nearest ones are over in the next state. If that's still the case when I retire, a new Indian will be scratched off the list. I'm hoping the situation will improve with this decision.

In a perfect world, Polaris would keep both brands.

I'm glad to see they are supporting Victory parts for the next ten years. If they had left their customers without at least this much support, I wouldn't invest in an Indian, either.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    Mixed feelings. I feel bad for the Victory devotees, but I'm happy for admittedly selfish reasons, too...I've been drooling over the Indian Scouts for a few years now and intend to get one when my current bike (and me) gets retired.

I've considered getting one sooner but I decided against it due to the low number of dealerships. I live near a major city and as of now there are no local Indian dealers, and two of the three nearest ones are over in the next state. If that's still the case when I retire, a new Indian will be scratched off the list. I'm hoping the situation will improve with this decision.

In a perfect world, Polaris would keep both brands.

I'm glad to see they are supporting Victory parts for the next ten years. If they had left their customers without at least this much support, I wouldn't invest in an Indian, either.

Maybe the Victory Dealers will pick up Indian, that would be a big boost in dealer coverage. The new Indian line is pretty nice and if they are as bullet proof as my Vision has been then they will be a great bike.

We've got an Indian/Victory dealership here in Hollister, CA with tons of inventory.
    This is going to hurt, one way or another.

Trade in value of the Victories will go right down the tubes, I'm thinkin ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

I bought a Polaris Jet Ski quite a few years ago. Six months later they decided to get out of the Jet Ski business. They offered my an additional year of
    warranty as compensation. I really like the Victory Brand and have test ridden several.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

I like Victory bikes and am sorry to see they stop but I suppose the Indian line is doing better. Also pretty nice bikes.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger