Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Roadhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Age
    69
    Posts
    387

    Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    This announcement just released today.

    http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/company...t-announcement
    Don Ricks
    Atlanta. Ga

    "Ride or Ride not, there is no drive"

  2. #2
    Senior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lum MI , Overnight campers welcome
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,045

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Now this is said news, I love my Vision and have never owned a better bike than it. Well hopefully it will last a few more years before I need any repairs that you won't be able to get parts for.

    Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

  3. #3

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Maybe this will open touring market just that little bit extra needed for the new Venture announcement....

  4. #4
    BigBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Age
    64
    Posts
    614

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Well that is a bit of a surprise. We were talking about it a few years ago after they re-started Indian and we figured something would have to happen with two similar lines competing against each other. I figured the best selling Victory models would be blended with Indian but my crystal ball gets foggy some times.......
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers

  5. #5
    menhir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    298

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Mixed feelings. I feel bad for the Victory devotees, but I'm happy for admittedly selfish reasons, too...I've been drooling over the Indian Scouts for a few years now and intend to get one when my current bike (and me) gets retired.

    I've considered getting one sooner but I decided against it due to the low number of dealerships. I live near a major city and as of now there are no local Indian dealers, and two of the three nearest ones are over in the next state. If that's still the case when I retire, a new Indian will be scratched off the list. I'm hoping the situation will improve with this decision.

    In a perfect world, Polaris would keep both brands.

    I'm glad to see they are supporting Victory parts for the next ten years. If they had left their customers without at least this much support, I wouldn't invest in an Indian, either.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.


  6. #6
    Senior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lum MI , Overnight campers welcome
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,045

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    Mixed feelings. I feel bad for the Victory devotees, but I'm happy for admittedly selfish reasons, too...I've been drooling over the Indian Scouts for a few years now and intend to get one when my current bike (and me) gets retired.

    I've considered getting one sooner but I decided against it due to the low number of dealerships. I live near a major city and as of now there are no local Indian dealers, and two of the three nearest ones are over in the next state. If that's still the case when I retire, a new Indian will be scratched off the list. I'm hoping the situation will improve with this decision.

    In a perfect world, Polaris would keep both brands.

    I'm glad to see they are supporting Victory parts for the next ten years. If they had left their customers without at least this much support, I wouldn't invest in an Indian, either.

    Maybe the Victory Dealers will pick up Indian, that would be a big boost in dealer coverage. The new Indian line is pretty nice and if they are as bullet proof as my Vision has been then they will be a great bike.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter JMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    103

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    We've got an Indian/Victory dealership here in Hollister, CA with tons of inventory.
    This is going to hurt, one way or another.

  8. #8
    Site Supporter G wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S W Michigan
    Age
    67
    Posts
    5,192

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Trade in value of the Victories will go right down the tubes, I'm thinkin ...

    I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

    .

  9. #9
    Senior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lum MI , Overnight campers welcome
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,045

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Trade in value of the Victories will go right down the tubes, I'm thinkin ...
    That's why I will have to ride it until it dies lol which could be many years or until you can't get parts anymore. Because no one will want to buy one anymore I might be able to pick up a parts bike on the cheap.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    13

    Re: Polaris gives up on Victory Motorcycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    That's why I will have to ride it until it dies lol which could be many years or until you can't get parts anymore. Because no one will want to buy one anymore I might be able to pick up a parts bike on the cheap.
    Yepper, that is what happened when Yamaha stopped supporting the 1st Generation Venture, which were in production from 1983 to 1993. Venture owners started buying parts bikes and kept riding, riding and riding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •