Okay, that's what I'll pursue.

Jerry
    2011 Honda NT700V, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)

Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

We used Ocoee Adventure Center
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

They're not answering their phone these days. That's not hard to understand, it's not exactly river rafting season. I sent an email and I'll keep an eye out for signs of life from those people. As soon as I know something I'll say something.

In the meantime, can I get a show of hands (posts) to get an idea of how many might be interested in taking a white water raft ride down the Ocoee River on Saturday, June 10th? I don't see why it shouldn't become a new Chillout tradition. At one time we could expect rain storms to make the event more interesting but the last couple of years have been dry so maybe it's time to look forward to something else (a more interesting way to get wet?) for a change. Here's a little history for those that aren't familiar:

Last year, three intrepid Chillouters decided, on short notice, to ride down to Ducktown early on Saturday morning to ride the rapids. Since it was arranged on very short notice, the only time slots available were very early in the AM. I really don't remember what time they took off but it's almost an hour's ride to get there ( down Hwy 68, a real twisty treat and a popular ride even without the river attractions) and I, for one, knew that I'd be way too busy sleeping in on Saturday morning to keep that appointment. It was my loss, because of course, it's a real hoot and everyone had a real good time.

It was proposed that next year (that would be THIS year), with a little planning, more Chillouters could benefit from what really is one of the most popular tourist attractions in that area, probably second only to motorcycle riding. There are several outfitters in the area. We're going with Ocoee Adventure Center because they treated our folks well the last time. The cost will be right around $50 per person, we can assume. Reservation and prepay info is not available at this time so no one is asking for a commitment yet, but if this sounds like something you'd like to take part in, please let me know here in this thread. By the time the Ocoee Adventure Center offices open, presumably sometime in early Spring, it would be great if I could have a general idea of how many Chillouters we can expect to want a seat on a raft. I'll get the details and report back.

wow I have really slacked on keeping up!. with luck I may be able to go this year. for those I met and saw last year may remember that I was placed on "leave" from work while I was on the trip last year. I remained out for a total of 2 months we will say it sucked. but fast forward a bit and I had intended to change jobs this spring and if I did I would not be able to as I just wouldn't have the time that quick on the new job. but now they have announced they are closing the plant in a couple years so I may ride it out and hope for some severance or possibly retention money but there is much in the air and it will kinda play it as it goes so ... here's to ... I hope to see you this year!!
    89 honda goldwing gl1500
    07 yamaha fz6 (wifes)
    IBA member 38738

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    They're not answering their phone these days. That's not hard to understand, it's not exactly river rafting season. I sent an email and I'll keep an eye out for signs of life from those people. As soon as I know something I'll say something.

In the meantime, can I get a show of hands (posts) to get an idea of how many might be interested in taking a white water raft ride down the Ocoee River on Saturday, June 10th? I don't see why it shouldn't become a new Chillout tradition. At one time we could expect rain storms to make the event more interesting but the last couple of years have been dry so maybe it's time to look forward to something else (a more interesting way to get wet?) for a change. Here's a little history for those that aren't familiar:

Last year, three intrepid Chillouters decided, on short notice, to ride down to Ducktown early on Saturday morning to ride the rapids. Since it was arranged on very short notice, the only time slots available were very early in the AM. I really don't remember what time they took off but it's almost an hour's ride to get there ( down Hwy 68, a real twisty treat and a popular ride even without the river attractions) and I, for one, knew that I'd be way too busy sleeping in on Saturday morning to keep that appointment. It was my loss, because of course, it's a real hoot and everyone had a real good time.

It was proposed that next year (that would be THIS year), with a little planning, more Chillouters could benefit from what really is one of the most popular tourist attractions in that area, probably second only to motorcycle riding. There are several outfitters in the area. We're going with Ocoee Adventure Center because they treated our folks well the last time. The cost will be right around $50 per person, we can assume. Reservation and prepay info is not available at this time so no one is asking for a commitment yet, but if this sounds like something you'd like to take part in, please let me know here in this thread. By the time the Ocoee Adventure Center offices open, presumably sometime in early Spring, it would be great if I could have a general idea of how many Chillouters we can expect to want a seat on a raft. I'll get the details and report back.
    This is beginning to sound more appealing. Great motorcycle ride each way to the raft location. Hopefully with early reservations it won't be an 0 dark 30 start. I'm in!!

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Count me in. I'll even bring the go pro again 😎
    Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    This is beginning to sound more appealing. Great motorcycle ride each way to the raft location. Hopefully with early reservations it won't be an 0 dark 30 start. I'm in!!
    2005 Goldwing, 2010 Mini-mate

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by NC winger View Post
    Count me in. I'll even bring the go pro again ��
    Cool

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog9191999 View Post
    wow I have really slacked on keeping up!. with luck I may be able to go this year. for those I met and saw last year may remember that I was placed on "leave" from work while I was on the trip last year. I remained out for a total of 2 months we will say it sucked. but fast forward a bit and I had intended to change jobs this spring and if I did I would not be able to as I just wouldn't have the time that quick on the new job. but now they have announced they are closing the plant in a couple years so I may ride it out and hope for some severance or possibly retention money but there is much in the air and it will kinda play it as it goes so ... here's to ... I hope to see you this year!!
    Good, I hope you can make it. We can go hit the dragon again!
    The deepest spot in Lake Superior, The largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.

Angela and I are looking forward to this trip we love the area.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

Cherohala on Saturday the seventh of January 2017...
    Attached Images Attached Images