Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

Well I am planning on going. We might be moving in June.
    Grandson will be done with school in May. So the plan is to find a new location.
    This home is too big for us 4bed, 4bath, and too many stairs. We stayed, here so Sam
    could finish school.

So hope it all works out for the time line... I want to make this for sure, see everyone in June.

Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    I couldn't figure out how to link Lori's Sept. posting. They were removing the trailers, buying some kitchen equipment (gas stove & sink) and would have a freezer for bag ice. Should be nice!
    Thanks for the update.
    I was there a couple times and for me personally that's not what I'm looking for in a Campground.
    I like more of a Campground that is woodsy with shade, level sites with electric and not by a busy road with noise.
    Although when I was there the owners were very nice and the bathrooms were clean.
    It's just not enough for me to go back just for Free Ice !!!
    You guys have a great and safe time.

2002 GL1800 Honda Goldwing
    2007 BMW F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Fl Cracker View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    I was there a couple times and for me personally that's not what I'm looking for in a Campground.
    I like more of a Campground that is woodsy with shade, level sites with electric and not by a busy road with noise.
    Although when I was there the owners were very nice and the bathrooms were clean.
    It's just not enough for me to go back just for Free Ice !!!
    You guys have a great and safe time.
    I understand FL Cracker. I'm sure there are some great campgrounds in that general area. To me, Hunt's offers the convenience to many great rides and a chance to see a lot of Moto-Camper friends. Perhaps you can still join us for dinner on Saturday evening.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Trailace View Post
    You'll have a great time, and enjoy some great friendship and camaraderie. Don't just take our word for it, come see for yourself, at the Cherohala Chill Out
    Yeah just quoting you to get your attention, Rick, but speaking of having a great time, do you want to set up another river raft ride? Maybe we can reserve a slightly later trip so we won't have to get up so damn early this year. I don't remember who was on that raft trip last year but I know you guys had a pretty good time.

If you can tell me which raft company you used, if you think it was good, I can look into it and get details and let everyone know about the terms so we can get up a group of willing river rats. I would have gone last year if it hadn't required getting up at 5 am or whatever it was. I think we can improve on that with some warning.

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2011 Honda NT700V, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    Yeah just quoting you to get your attention, Rick, but speaking of having a great time, do you want to set up another river raft ride? Maybe we can reserve a slightly later trip so we won't have to get up so damn early this year. I don't remember who was on that raft trip last year but I know you guys had a pretty good time.

If you can tell me which raft company you used, if you think it was good, I can look into it and get details and let everyone know about the terms so we can get up a group of willing river rats. I would have gone last year if it hadn't required getting up at 5 am or whatever it was. I think we can improve on that with some warning.
    I will have to try and find the name.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

I was one the rafting trip last year and was the guy who filmed it. It was me,Rick and snowclem. Ya,ll missed an awesome time. Look on you tube and search my name. (Donald Barna ). to see the videos

It was.

http://www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com/

I,m ready to do it again. Sign me up

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Trailace View Post
    I will have to try and find the name.
    2005 Goldwing, 2010 Mini-mate, 2017 vstrom dl650

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by NC winger View Post
    I was one the rafting trip last year and was the guy who filmed it. It was me,Rick and snowclem. Ya,ll missed an awesome time. Look on you tube and search my name. (Donald Barna ). to see the videos

It was.

http://www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com/

I,m ready to do it again. Sign me up

Don

Yeah, it's coming back to me now. There were three of you. It was way too early. I'm sure that with a little pre-planning, we can get a later raft. Say, after ten. I'll look into it tomorrow and report back here as to cost, etc.

So did you guys to the upper, middle or full Ocoee trip?

We did the middle trip. It as 49 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    So did you guys to the upper, middle or full Ocoee trip?