Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

  1. #31
    BigBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Age
    64
    Posts
    490

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Shamus, those are nice winter pictures. Is it spring yet???
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers

  2. #32
    Shamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way, TN
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Shamus, those are nice winter pictures. Is it spring yet???
    Been colder than a well diggers patoot this past week, (cats go back outside tonight ). Hoping to ride for a couple hours tomorrow with temps in the upper forties here in Southern Middle Tennessee...

  3. #33
    Moderator lytle1gw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    McLeansboro,illinois
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,257

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Dang I would have loved to be there in the snow, I love riding in the snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary

    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

  4. #34
    2WheeldPrym8 Ripshod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,162

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Okay folks, listen up!

    I just spoke with a lady at Ocoee Adventures about reserving a river run for us on Saturday, June 10th. She said she has slots open at 10:30, 1, 2, and 3. I'd be inclined to go with the early time because it's not THAT early and it would still leave plenty of time for riding and shopping for the pot luck dinner later that night*, but I can also see why the early afternoon would be good too. The stated times are the actual times we need to show up, it's a bout an hour's ride from the campground, and the whole deal will take about 3.5 to 4 hours. Our trip will be on the Middle Ocoee, see http://www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com/ for details.

    I need a little input from people who'd like to go so I can reserve our rafts. I can make the reservation any time but payment isn't required till two weeks prior. There's not a lot of pressure to get the reservation in quickly, she says they probably won't book up real far in advance, but seats are limited and time slots do book up so I'd like to get our reservation in, say, before the end of February.

    So if you want to go, you should probably go ahead and let me know. Right here in this thread is as good a place as any, as I will be monitoring it and keeping track. It would be really nice to get a dozen or so of us on this activity. It's a real hoot, folks, you won't regret it. The cost is $49 per person and I can send up a flare to willing rafters when that time approaches to remind us all to prepay, and by then we'll have it worked out. I assume we can arrange to each pay ahead directly to the venue, or maybe I can be a middleman if need be.

    This can be a really nice addition to the ChillOut ritual and I hope lots of us get to do it. Don't hesitate to chime in with suggestions and preferences.


    *If you're new to the ChillOut, you should know that we customarily have a revised potluck dinner on Saturday night, details will be explained long before we show up.

    Jerry
    2011 Honda NT700V, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

  5. #35
    2WheeldPrym8 Ripshod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,162

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    To be a bit more exact about how to get to the raft place, look at the map below. If you take in both the blue and gray routes, you'll have ridden a very popular route. Chillouters who want to take a nice, not too long scenic ride with some entertaining twists, often do this entire route, sometimes stopping for lunch in Ducktown. I've ridden this circle a number if times and always enjoy it. It just so happens that our raft riding headquarters is there at the marker on the south end of the loop.
    (click to enlarge)
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 6.11.00 PM.jpg

  6. #36
    Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    Trailace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    Okay folks, listen up!

    I just spoke with a lady at Ocoee Adventures about reserving a river run for us on Saturday, June 10th. She said she has slots open at 10:30, 1, 2, and 3. I'd be inclined to go with the early time because it's not THAT early and it would still leave plenty of time for riding and shopping for the pot luck dinner later that night*, but I can also see why the early afternoon would be good too. The stated times are the actual times we need to show up, it's a bout an hour's ride from the campground, and the whole deal will take about 3.5 to 4 hours. Our trip will be on the Middle Ocoee, see http://www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com/ for details.

    I need a little input from people who'd like to go so I can reserve our rafts. I can make the reservation any time but payment isn't required till two weeks prior. There's not a lot of pressure to get the reservation in quickly, she says they probably won't book up real far in advance, but seats are limited and time slots do book up so I'd like to get our reservation in, say, before the end of February.

    So if you want to go, you should probably go ahead and let me know. Right here in this thread is as good a place as any, as I will be monitoring it and keeping track. It would be really nice to get a dozen or so of us on this activity. It's a real hoot, folks, you won't regret it. The cost is $49 per person and I can send up a flare to willing rafters when that time approaches to remind us all to prepay, and by then we'll have it worked out. I assume we can arrange to each pay ahead directly to the venue, or maybe I can be a middleman if need be.

    This can be a really nice addition to the ChillOut ritual and I hope lots of us get to do it. Don't hesitate to chime in with suggestions and preferences.


    *If you're new to the ChillOut, you should know that we customarily have a revised potluck dinner on Saturday night, details will be explained long before we show up.
    I don't care what time but I plan on going.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

  7. #37
    2WheeldPrym8 Ripshod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,162

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailace View Post
    I don't care what time but I plan on going.


    Who else?

  8. #38
    Site Supporter GailForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Age
    62
    Posts
    622

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post


    Who else?
    I'll go!

    Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    northern Michigan
    Age
    69
    Posts
    829

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    I've hesitated to say this, but someone's fuzzy memory, about last years trip start time, turns out to be the same as this years times. It's all good. Our guide's name last year was "Gator". I believe he had a positive influence on our adventure. I would suggest asking for him as a guide when you make reservations.

    Richard

  10. #40
    NC winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    204

    Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

    You know I'm in



    Don


    Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post


    Who else?
    2005 Goldwing, 2010 Mini-mate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •