Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

RSVP Here

Come and join us for some great fun and riding at the Motocampers weekend campout in the
    Great Smokey Mountains.
    June 9, 10 & 11, 2017
    We will be camping at the Hunts Lodge Motorcycle Resort,
    9555 Hwy 68 Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Phone 423 253 2918
    GPS Coordinates N 35 20.889 - WO 84 18.452

This is a private motorcycle only campground, so bring your motorcycles, your tents, and your motorcycle tent campers. Come camp with us, see some great sites, and ride some of the best roads, this side of the Mississippi.

You'll have a great time, and enjoy some great friendship and camaraderie. Don't just take our word for it, come see for yourself, at the Cherohala Chill Out
    For more campground information, please go to Hunts Lodge web page. huntslodge.com

Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Re: 8th Annual Cherohala Chill Out

I am going to do the Run for the Wall and stick around the east coast for this camp out. The run for the wall is over Memorial Day which is, May 29. Gonna do the Goldwing Meet and Greet as well the week after Memorial Day.

I want to do some civil war battlefields as well.

Should be fun to meet all of you guys. 2700+ miles from home.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

I look forward to seeing the changes Jack and Lori have made at Hunt's.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Thanks for adding this Rick, the map is a grear touch!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    ...I want to do some civil war battlefields as well.

Should be fun to meet all of you guys. 2700+ miles from home.
    Two battlefields that come to mind depending on how far you want to travel from Hunts are chickamauga & Chattanooga and Kennesaw Mountain

I'm not much of a civil war buff, have ridden by Chickamauga many times but not sure I've ever actually stopped, maybe many years ago. I'm sure you can google and tons of info. A lot of civil war history in Chatt. area. From Hunts its probably about and hour and a half to 2 hours depending on traffic thru Chatt. and which way you go.

Kennesaw Mtn. is in Marietta, GA. From Hunts to KMNB is prob. 3 hrs give or take depending on which way you go and traffic. I live about a mile from the park. Its normally where we go to hike/jog/walk, etc. They have a lot of trails. You can drive to the top of mtn. from the visitor center (around 1800 elev) on weekdays, on weekends the road is open only to hikers and bicycls, they do have a shuttle you can take however to the top on the weekends. Develpment around the park has really grown over the last 20 yrs. Its like an oasis in the middle of metro Atlanta urban sprawl.
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

Last time we was at Kennesaw there wasn't much around it, that was many moons ago.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    I look forward to seeing the changes Jack and Lori have made at Hunt's.
    What kind of changes did they make ?
    Add Level sites ?
    Add water and Elec to the sites ?

2002 GL1800 Honda Goldwing
    2007 BMW F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Fl Cracker View Post
    What kind of changes did they make ?
    Add Level sites ?
    Add water and Elec to the sites ?
    I couldn't figure out how to link Lori's Sept. posting. They were removing the trailers, buying some kitchen equipment (gas stove & sink) and would have a freezer for bag ice. Should be nice!

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Two battlefields that come to mind depending on how far you want to travel from Hunts are chickamauga & Chattanooga and Kennesaw Mountain

I'm not much of a civil war buff, have ridden by Chickamauga many times but not sure I've ever actually stopped, maybe many years ago. I'm sure you can google and tons of info. A lot of civil war history in Chatt. area. From Hunts its probably about and hour and a half to 2 hours depending on traffic thru Chatt. and which way you go.

Kennesaw Mtn. is in Marietta, GA. From Hunts to KMNB is prob. 3 hrs give or take depending on which way you go and traffic. I live about a mile from the park. Its normally where we go to hike/jog/walk, etc. They have a lot of trails. You can drive to the top of mtn. from the visitor center (around 1800 elev) on weekdays, on weekends the road is open only to hikers and bicycls, they do have a shuttle you can take however to the top on the weekends. Develpment around the park has really grown over the last 20 yrs. Its like an oasis in the middle of metro Atlanta urban sprawl.
    Thank you.

I am going to be on the east coast for almost two weeks between the ending of Rolling Thunder and the two campouts. I want to go see Dale's collection of motorcycles at Wheels through Time and then focus on battle fields and riding the parkway and other rides suggested by those in the know of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    Thank you.

I am going to be on the east coast for almost two weeks between the ending of Rolling Thunder and the two campouts. I want to go see Dale's collection of motorcycles at Wheels through Time and then focus on battle fields and riding the parkway and other rides suggested by those in the know of the area.
    Dale's Museum is terrific. We spent about 4 hours there. The day we visited he must have fired up a half dozen vintage bikes and rode them around the inside of the museum.