Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not packed yet... but I bought this today!

It's not packed yet... but I bought this today!

Found this on Craigslist about 90 miles away. Couldn't pass it up... $750 and it's like new.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	20122 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	20123 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	20124

This thing is spotless. Not a scratch on it.
    Came with two inner packing bags, Hitch (for Goldwing 1800 - and I just happen to have one of those coming), Wiring Harness, and the 11-99 license plate frame.

I'm looking forward to "not even knowing it's back there."
    Or so it is said.

[Uni-go, Unigo, One Wheel Trailer - for those doing searches]
    Last edited by JMartin; 12-16-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added some search keywords for reference.

Re: It's not packed yet... but I bought this today!

Nice! Grats...I know you will get miles of smiles out of it
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

(Threadstarter)

Previous owner had it listed for $990, and I was amazed that someone else in the bay area didn't jump on it.
    Really, really nice gentleman. Gave me some great traveling advice too.

You are going to love pulling that 1 wheel . I have 2 seasons on my 1 wheel flat bed almost no tire wear and handles in the twisty's like a dream bumps in corners no step over .

Wow. Nice grab. Congrats. I've been sort of looking for a 1 wheel off an on for a few years. For that price in that condition, I would have pulled the trigger. For sure.

Enjoy.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

1/2 price of what they normally sell for. It must be stolen. You stole it.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    1/2 price of what they normally sell for. It must be stolen. You stole it.
    My thoughts exactly... half price. I've got a CA title, Bill of Sale, the original Order and Shipping Documents from New Zealand to the U.S. Dealer, a 2002 Magazine Review, the original warranty papers, a CA PTI License Plate... everything. The previous owner crossed every "T" and dotted every "I" and kept copies of both. I couldn't be happier.

I figured that even if it turns out to be something I don't like, I could re-sell it for a profit. But... I expect to love it. Now however, it really changes the way I think about what to bring. I could put a full sized two-burner stove in there, or some decent camp chairs, or a two bedroom tent! With the two factory saddlebags and the over-sized tail bag that I have, my sleeping bag became my passenger. Now I could throw in a sleeping bag for two! And if I want a camp chair or two, I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for some over-priced temperamental aluminum contraptions that leave me constantly wondering if my newly reduced 208 pound body (down from 255 - woo, and I say, hoo!) will still end up in a pile on the ground! AND... I don't have to continue to solve my inflatable pillow comfort problem. I can stuff my full sized memory foam pillow right on top of it all.

I figure I can load most of the actual camping gear in the trailer, and once I setup camp at the campground, I can lock the trailer to a tree, and take my unrestricted bike out for a days ride in the twisty's... then the next day, when I'm ready to move on... pack things back into the trailer and head out to the next campground, to start all over again.

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    My thoughts exactly... half price. I've got a CA title, Bill of Sale, the original Order and Shipping Documents from New Zealand to the U.S. Dealer, a 2002 Magazine Review, the original warranty papers, a CA PTI License Plate... everything. The previous owner crossed every "T" and dotted every "I" and kept copies of both. I couldn't be happier.

I figured that even if it turns out to be something I don't like, I could re-sell it for a profit. But... I expect to love it. Now however, it really changes the way I think about what to bring. I could put a full sized two-burner stove in there, or some decent camp chairs, or a two bedroom tent! With the two factory saddlebags and the over-sized tail bag that I have, my sleeping bag became my passenger. Now I could throw in a sleeping bag for two! And if I want a camp chair or two, I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for some over-priced temperamental aluminum contraptions that leave me constantly wondering if my newly reduced 208 pound body (down from 255 - woo, and I say, hoo!) will still end up in a pile on the ground! AND... I don't have to continue to solve my inflatable pillow comfort problem. I can stuff my full sized memory foam pillow right on top of it all.

I figure I can load most of the actual camping gear in the trailer, and once I setup camp at the campground, I can lock the trailer to a tree, and take my unrestricted bike out for a days ride in the twisty's... then the next day, when I'm ready to move on... pack things back into the trailer and head out to the next campground, to start all over again.
    Don't fret yourself. You will be out of room in that trailer in no time. It will allow for some extra creature comforts for sure.

Sweet!
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    Don't fret yourself. You will be out of room in that trailer in no time. It will allow for some extra creature comforts for sure.
    Larry's correct ... with a small little trailer like that, you will still want to buy compact, backpacking gear if you want to pack most of your camping gear in it!!!
    You'd be surprised at how fast it will fill up!

Knowing their price, you did get a steal though!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg