Thread: Alaska almost solo, moved from general topic

Threaded View

Alaska almost solo, moved from general topic

Well my wife gave me the OK for Alaska in June of 2017 . She doesn't like me riding solo in risky areas. I don't like sharing my motorcycle rides with anyone for very long....BUT.... I am considerate of other peoples desires, needs, and riding styles. Does this sound familiar? my credentials are the typical old man stuff, started riding in the 60s, MSF instructor, mechanic, track days, been coast to coast and Gulf to the north side of lake superior, ride a well maintained 1992 bmw r100gs and pull a Minimate with brakes and carry a SPOT tracking device. (wife loves the SPOT) Now hopefully to Prudhoe bay and inuvk. I plan to meet up with someone at the beginning of the haul road and at the beginning of the Dawson highway. It seems like the rest of the trip will be solo on good roads with lots of facilities. Does this sound like a good plan? I welcome your comments and suggestions. I love hot springs and will travel out of my way to get soaked. Yea I have great rain gear, electronic heated liners, and an oversized alternator. I carry spares and tools expected for the ride. I am totally independent but sometimes it is just common sense to have another rider with you. John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160812_161342.jpg  
    KISS