Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cot Tent - Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Quick Tent

Re: Cot Tent - Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Quick Tent

Thanks for the reply, I decided to go with Redverz Atacama Expedition Tent after more research.

0I haul my Tent Cot in this 55 Nomad

Just does fit, its square,

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

I sold my first cot tent as the new Teton Sports is everything that the advertiser says it is. It goes up fast, is light weight and is larger than my previous one.

The only knock on this cot tent is that the advertiser married this cot tent with a cot that is too large for the tent, therefore the rain fly does not completely cover the cot, which when raining, the water will puddle between the bottom of the tent and the cot. Not really a good situation.

My cot is fully covered by the cot tent and I have it the full sprinkler test and it keep the cot dry and the insides stayed dry.

I look forward to using this tent when I travel from Seattle to Yuma, AZ in June. I will do 500 miles a day and spend 2 nights on the road. I will skip paying any camping fees and stealth camp / free camp on this trip. (easier to do when traveling solo and a toilet / shower combo is not a requirement.)

The tent goes up in 30 seconds and I can set my cot in 2 minutes. That means I can set up for a nap in less than 3 minutes.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    I sold my first cot tent as the new Teton Sports is everything that the advertiser says it is. It goes up fast, is light weight and is larger than my previous one.

The only knock on this cot tent is that the advertiser married this cot tent with a cot that is too large for the tent, therefore the rain fly does not completely cover the cot, which when raining, the water will puddle between the bottom of the tent and the cot. Not really a good situation.

My cot is fully covered by the cot tent and I have it the full sprinkler test and it keep the cot dry and the insides stayed dry.

I look forward to using this tent when I travel from Seattle to Yuma, AZ in June. I will do 500 miles a day and spend 2 nights on the road. I will skip paying any camping fees and stealth camp / free camp on this trip. (easier to do when traveling solo and a toilet / shower combo is not a requirement.)

The tent goes up in 30 seconds and I can set my cot in 2 minutes. That means I can set up for a nap in less than 3 minutes.
    The sport cot is 20 lbs right? How do you fine the width as far as sleeping ,Like side sleeping or on stomach,basically moving around? Does it give enough room?

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.scootinn View Post
    The sport cot is 20 lbs right? How do you fine the width as far as sleeping ,Like side sleeping or on stomach,basically moving around? Does it give enough room?
    Truth: I sleep better on my cot and cot pad than I do at home on my memory foam mattress. I sleep on my side and there is plenty of room and support.

100 nights on my cot so far and it still looks good, not brand new looking any more, but I see it going for a long time. I will sacrifice that weight for the comfort that it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    Truth: I sleep better on my cot and cot pad than I do at home on my memory foam mattress. I sleep on my side and there is plenty of room and support.

100 nights on my cot so far and it still looks good, not brand new looking any more, but I see it going for a long time. I will sacrifice that weight for the comfort that it provides.

What model is ot?

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

What model is ot?
    Cabala's big man.

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

I started this thread to review the Teton Sports Cot Tent that is serviceable on a solo motorcycle camping trip.

The kamp rite cot is not really designed as a motorcycle camping tent.

I have been eyeing this one!--https://www.backcountryedge.com/helinox-cot-one-high.html?gclid=CLOEx4fJl9QCFdgNgQodaWgBDw
    They actually have a bug / rain tent cover for the Thermarest lite cot, and based on the video, it sets up really easy and fast. Not as fast as my current tent cot, but at 1/10th the weight and size, roughly.

I bookmarked it, going to replace my fast camp kit later this year and this will be part of it.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn