Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride the Trace. Some pictures. of my trip South

Ride the Trace. Some pictures. of my trip South

Here are some pictures of when I rode the Trace and the Rock Wall just off
    the Trace. Some of the wall pictures show how wide it is in some places.
    The campground I stayed in had a bicycle hanging on the sign.

http://s811.photobucket.com/user/ntr...%20the%20Trace

I rode to Atlanta, and then Ten. then Ms. back to Ten. and then home to Mo. I wanted to go to Texas but changed my mind.

If you ride the Trace stop and check out the Rock Wall this guy built as tribute to his Indian, Great Grandmother who walked the
    Trail of Tears, to Okla. She was the only woman to have returned, to her home area. Took her 5 years to walk back.

here is the link to the man telling his story of building the Wall of Rock off the Trace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGuVnCUPgg

Re: Ride the Trace. Some pictures. of my trip South

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing pictures of various rides.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

I've been all over that area and have ridden some of those same roads. Nice touring indeed. I have also been all over Texas, and IMO, that state could be a one month moto-camp tour all on its own. As we all know, Texas (size-wise) is larger than many European countries. I remember my first ride through the state on I-10. I thought I would NEVER get out of that state. It's so huge.

Again, really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks again!

-3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by here is the link to the man telling his story of building the Wall of Rock off the Trace.
    [url
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGuVnCUPgg[/url]
    Thanks for posting this story... Makes one appreciate the blessings we have...

Nice pics.
    Always enjoy a stroll up the trace.
    Like to camp at MW Lewis, then ride to the end of the trace near Nashville then on to my brother-in-law just west of Nash.
    Will have to check out the rock wall sometime, I don't usually go much farther south than where US 64 crosses the NT about 10 miles south of MW Lewis
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Nice pics.
    Always enjoy a stroll up the trace.
    Like to camp at MW Lewis, then ride to the end of the trace near Nashville then on to my brother-in-law just west of Nash.
    Will have to check out the rock wall sometime, I don't usually go much farther south than where US 64 crosses the NT about 10 miles south of MW Lewis
    Ride that area often, 50 miles from home...

Nice pics Mike. I didn't know all of this was near the Trace.

Nice pictures Mike. Being this close, I've been able to ride the "Trace" several times a year. About three years ago I took a two week solo trip that included riding the entire Natchez Trace from Natchez Mississippi to where it ends just outside Nashville, Tn. It was a great experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I've ridden past the rock wall several times also but, never knew the whole story till now..... thanks for posting.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Thanks Mike, for posting this ride and photos of the Natchez Trace!

I have ridden short sections of the Trace before. Mostly the section between Natchez MS and Jackson MS and then a short stretch of it close to Tupelo MS.

Hope to be able to ride the entire length of the Natchez Trace in the future. I just want to have plenty of time to make the stops to enjoy all of the history of this route. I especially want to spend plenty of time at the rock wall. It is a fascinating story!

Mike, how was the campground where you stayed? Any others that you recommend?

When riding the Natchez Trace, the killer for me is the 50 MPH speed limit!! LOL It seemed to be patrolled pretty heavy with radar the few times I have been on this parkway. Didn't get any tickets but, I was sweatin' bullets a couple of times!

Thanks again for the write up!!
    Roger

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

(Threadstarter)

Roger
    I agree about the speed limit, but it is what it is. I had what I thought were Local's fly by me at 70.
    Not sure but maybe it was the fast way home. I think most of us riders get the "got to get there'
    speed limit in our head. I know I miss a lot, never stopping or slowing down.

Camping place I liked was south of Nashville, near "What a not" Tn. not how its spelled. The campground
    had a bicycle hanging on the sign. A free campground on the Trace was just south. I rode to the FREE on
    rocks, trees, pit toilet I think, I thought no breeze here at all. So went back and paid 12 for open grass campsite.
    Owner and I met at Mexican, eats in town. Had a good meal. He came to the office, café, next morning. Even
    though café was not open, he cooked me breakfast. The next night I camped at Harrah's in Tunica, Ms. room was
    $45. and ate at Paula Dean's. The Bell Captain, let me park my Trike, and 55 trailer right by the front door.