Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: This had better be worth $399.99... (Helinox Cot Max)

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Re: This had better be worth $399.99... (Helinox Cot Max)

Quote Originally Posted by GearDrivenCam View Post
    Jim - it looks like a newer version of the Roll-A-Cot by Camptime features the same kind of sleeve. However, it doesn't look like it'd accommodate a very thick mattress. I'd give that a pass too.

Mike
    My other thought was... if the mattress is hanging "below" the top fabric... then what good is it doing. You would have to make sure that the bottom piece of fabric is the taught side, and the "pocket" for the mattress is loosely attached above this fabric. Otherwise the air mattress is just along for a ride... UNDER your cot. No?

Perhaps a simple Velcro solution would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    My other thought was... if the mattress is hanging "below" the top fabric... then what good is it doing. You would have to make sure that the bottom piece of fabric is the taught side, and the "pocket" for the mattress is loosely attached above this fabric. Otherwise the air mattress is just along for a ride... UNDER your cot. No?

Perhaps a simple Velcro solution would be better.
    Ha..ha.. Yeah - good point. I'm assuming that the mattress isn't just along for the ride - but it's hard not to conjure up something like that happening. Currently, with my Nemo Mezzo Loft Luxury bag with my 4" Exped Synmat 12 LXW inside the sleeve, it works remarkably well on the Roll-A-Cot. And the mattress has never slipped off the cot during the night. This is as close to the Holy Grail that I've found so far.... Heading to the U.S. border (40 minutes away) now to pick up some x-mas gifts from Amazon.

Mike

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by GearDrivenCam View Post
    ... Heading to the U.S. border (40 minutes away) now to pick up some x-mas gifts from Amazon.

Mike
    I've got to come up your way some time. In the past, I've been in and out of Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton (business trips in a previous life).
    Took a rental car through Banff and Lake Louise... would love to do that on a bike in the Summer sometime.
    Never been anywhere on the West Coast of Canada though.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I've got to come up your way some time. In the past, I've been in and out of Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton (business trips in a previous life).
    Took a rental car through Banff and Lake Louise... would love to do that on a bike in the Summer sometime.
    Never been anywhere on the West Coast of Canada though.
    The circle route of Lake Superior is a really popular motorcycle tour in the area. Lots of things to see and visit. It can get cold around the big lake though - even in the summer. July and August are good times to go!

Mike

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

For the record... I finally got to use this Helinox Cot Max for the first time this past Friday.
    Loved it. Didn't even use the air mattress on top.
    Very well constructed, worked perfectly, highly recommended.

If anyone is interested, the full Ryde Report is here:

https://www.rydepyrat.com/6-16-17-father-s-day-ryde

Happy Father's Day to all.

Jim