Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hocking Hills - Old Man's Cave Camp OHIO

(Threadstarter)

Re: Hocking Hills - Old Man's Cave Camp OHIO

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Thanks for posting about Hocking Hills state park. I really enjoyed your video of "Devils Bathtub"!! I have never done any riding in this part of Ohio before but, I think this shall be on my "places to go" list!
    You are most welcome. So many people stereotype Ohio as a flat farm state, and it is SO much more. Southern Ohio is beautiful, especially in the fall. After all, the state borders West Virginia so it gets really hilly "down state". I have no doubt you will love Hocking Hills. If you don't I'd be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    We can try 4 it but remember we r going to be there on the Monday thru Wednesday before Blackwater Falls and not on a weekend..it would appeal to mostly retirees or those on vacation like myself.Jim from NY is going to try to make it but is not sure if he can due to another group campout..
    Well I'd probably be able to make it because at that time it looks like I'll be in my Ohio home with the Honda, so I'm only 1 hour away. And mid-week is my best time. Weekends are actually tougher on me.... and no... I'm not retired yet. That's unfortunately a ways off still. If we started a group camp thread perhaps we'd get 2 or 3 more. Worth a try.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

ok...Monday thru Wednesday nights..will get to it tomorrow.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    ok...Monday thru Wednesday nights..will get to it tomorrow.
    GREAT! Well, I'll sign up!

Maybe we should organize a camp-out at Hocking Hill. Sounds like a nice place and we never camp in Ohio.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Maybe we should organize a camp-out at Hocking Hill. Sounds like a nice place and we never camp in Ohio.
    I am going to be there the 3 nights before Blackwater fall s p campout..its on our way there!I loved it so much I am foregoing KY again!

(Threadstarter)

Come on out and join us, Bluetick.

Here is the official thread started by Kayakinbiker: http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...294#post169294

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    Come on out and join us, Bluetick.

Here is the official thread started by Kayakinbiker: http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...294#post169294
    I'm afraid my camping is limited to the weekends... I have my vacation from work scheduled off for this year already. Plan on making the IBMC international in June and Daytona in the fall.

I asked a kayak friend who admins the Tristate kayakers page on FB where the nicest and est nag 4 your buck to camp in Ohio was and he said Hocking Hills state park..Old Man;s Cave is awesome! Me and the kids aka dogs spent about 3 hours hiking thru there! U can also kayak the Hocking River,,kayak rental on Logan..

I'll have to try finding a free weekend to make it there and see if it's as nice as everybody says...

Hocking Hills Old Mans Cave Camp OHIO

The Black Hills are very interesting to ride through and explore. Lots of walking for this old man and the bike trails are pretty great also. Read More: link in signature line.