Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hocking Hills - Old Man's Cave Camp OHIO

Re: Hocking Hills - Old Man's Cave Camp OHIO

Copied the link for kayaking..did not paddle last year but found the kayak place in Logan when I bought my dinnerware..always something new and different to do on every trip! The kids love kayaking too!

(Threadstarter)

Good deal. I've got to get a group camp started for Hocking Hills. We've got four or five folks on here from Ohio, some from WV, and a few from KY that are close. Not to mention folks like you that don't mind the drive/ride from other states or provinces.

Hocking Hills is so beautiful, it's worth doing a group camp to that State Park. The park thins out big time when the kids go back to school in September, so an October camp during fall color would be very nice.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

We, the kids and me, r hitting there the 3nights before the Blackwater Falls sp campout...we did that last year too!

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    We, the kids and me, r hitting there the 3nights before the Blackwater Falls sp campout...we did that last year too!
    If you are up for it, we can see if others want to join you there. I'd certainly try and be there, and others probably will as well. That is IF you want company. If you want to be solo, I understand. This would, however, be a great opportunity for a group camp in southern Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    If you are up for it, we can see if others want to join you there. I'd certainly try and be there, and others probably will as well. That is IF you want company. If you want to be solo, I understand. This would, however, be a great opportunity for a group camp in southern Ohio.
    We can try 4 it but remember we r going to be there on the Monday thru Wednesday before Blackwater Falls and not on a weekend..it would appeal to mostly retirees or those on vacation like myself.Jim from NY is going to try to make it but is not sure if he can due to another group campout..

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Thanks for posting about Hocking Hills state park. I really enjoyed your video of "Devils Bathtub"!! I have never done any riding in this part of Ohio before but, I think this shall be on my "places to go" list!

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Ash Cave is another nice hiking area. Well worth visiting while you are at HH State Park

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Athens OH Campout 2014 010.jpg   Athens OH Campout 2014 029.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Thanks for posting about Hocking Hills state park. I really enjoyed your video of "Devils Bathtub"!! I have never done any riding in this part of Ohio before but, I think this shall be on my "places to go" list!
    U will love this place! I am out of country and want to go back AGAIN this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Ash Cave is another nice hiking area. Well worth visiting while you are at HH State Park

Jim
    Yep did that last year and while me and the kids were there a lady with an awesome voice sang in the cave! It was awesome! Did not do Rock House and saved it 4 this year..have to stop at the wind chime shop again on the way to or back from the Rock H..

Another state park very close to HH/Old Man's Cave is Lake Hope. Camping, cabins/cottages and a nice dining lodge are available. Not as busy as HH, yet you are only 15-20 min away.

Group camping and a group lodge are available. Lovely lake for fishing, kayaking. No power boats (trolling motors only). A swimming area with boat and kayak rentals available. And lots of awesome twisty roads to ride.

My wife and I have been hosting OH-STOC (Ohio ST Owners Club) there for 6 or 7 years now and will do so again this year.

Love the area!