Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camp Chef Stryker Propane Stove...

Re: Camp Chef Stryker Propane Stove...

[QUOTE=Dusty Boots;166457]Had a chance to use this stove on a recent 6 week trip. I toasted up my mini bagels and it melted the plastic base around the burner basically rendering the stove useless

Attachment 21498

He toasted more than his little bagels ...That's funny ....

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Dusty,
    I melted mine, using a pan without the adapter, and it looked almost exactly like yours. I used a propane torch to heat the plastic and pushed it back in place, using pliers and a screwdriver. It takes some time and patience, but doable. Not pretty, but I used it all weekend.

John
    '08. GL1800
    '06. ST1300

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

This is what I replaced it with. No problems with using the toaster with it!!
    Has a large burner head, simmers well, somewhat of a wind shield to help with fuel efficiency and it works well, although not very compact!!

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Thanks for the spare pot Dusty. I've been paranoid about using mine now after seeing what happened to yours. I do like that little toaster you used at the campout. Been on the lookout for one of my own.

Dennis

Some days, things just go wrong, but you gotta love a turnaound. I haven't logged in to the site for a while (I've had a major project for the PGR that's been killing most my spare time), and saw some updates to this thread. Mrs Santa didn't come through for me last Christmas (I got other toys instead), and out of curiosity I click on the Farm and Fleet website to remind myself what I liked so much about this. To my great surprise, they had this on sale for $20!!! I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Actually had it my cart and everything, then figured I better check with the wife, as things are a bit tight, and I didn't want her to be surprised.
    Got home last night, and she said at that price, I should go ahead and get it. So, I hit the website, and they were all gone!!!! I was totally bummed.
    But, I had the fever to buy, so I hit up the local Cragislist ads, just browsing, and found a Coleman 533 that I was able to score for $30! As cool as the Stryker set is, I really would prefer the Coleman dual fuel. Definitely cured the disappointment of missing a good deal!

2012 Honda Goldwing
    2009 Timeout Camper
    Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 IBA member #59823

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Whoa... $19.88 that WAS a steal. But like you said... sold out now.
    Though I have only used it a couple times, I still love mine.
    It came to my rescue on Fathers Day when CalFire declared my campground to be "open flame free" just the night before we showed up.
    Instead of cooking sausages on an open fire, I had to toss them in water and boil them. Took only minutes, and they were not as bad as it sounds.

Jim
    2013 Honda F6B
    www.RydePyrat.com

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Whoa... $19.88 that WAS a steal. But like you said... sold out now.
    Though I have only used it a couple times, I still love mine.
    It came to my rescue on Fathers Day when CalFire declared my campground to be "open flame free" just the night before we showed up.
    Instead of cooking sausages on an open fire, I had to toss them in water and boil them. Took only minutes, and they were not as bad as it sounds.

Jim
    I read your father's day trip report. My wife and I had not planned on buying a camper for the bike, but when the Timeout came up at a bargain, we jumped. We have had such a blast using it with kids and grandkids, it was probably one of the best "accidental purchases" we've made.

I posted on here earlier about the Little Red Campfire that I bought. You should check it out if you're in an area that does frequent burn bans (I am). Your daughter would still be able to enjoy smores and a campfire.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I posted on here earlier about the Little Red Campfire that I bought. You should check it out if you're in an area that does frequent burn bans (I am). Your daughter would still be able to enjoy smores and a campfire.
    That's pretty interesting... I'll have to do a little research now.
    Thanx,

Jim