Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Chef Stryker Propane Stove...

Hybrid View

Camp Chef Stryker Propane Stove...

Jetboil clone... but Propane, not Butane.

I always liked the design and concept of the Jetboil, but I don't like the little tiny cans that are sometimes hard to find.
    I wanted one that worked off standard Propane bottles (1Lb style). This one totally fits the bill.
    Push-button lighter, 1.3 Litre pot with lid, outperforms the Jetboil in less than 2 mins for 1/2 Litre of water.

$49 for the Stove (With pot, lid, stand, bag, etc.)
    $12 for the "Any Pan" Adapter (thought it would be good to have and it even nests into the stove for storage)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stryker Propane.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	19869 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stryker Adapter.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	19870

Mine has shipped, but not yet arrived.
    Anyone have any experience with these?

Re: Camp Chef Stryker Propane Stove...

I like that adapter, my oli camp stove works great but not for very big stuff, of course it does handle my small frying pan without difficulty. Still like that adapter..

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

This looks like a good deal.

I have a pair of Jet Boil stoves with misc. accessories. This stove looks like a Jet Boil.

My only complaint about the jet boil is not the availability of fuel, as it is everywhere, but the fact that the striker / lighter seems to be weak and wears out often. Both of my stoves are now not self starting. I just use a light stick.

Also, the wind has major effect on the stove. I bought a cheap wind breaker that folds down nicely and that took care of that problem.

Mine goes with me all the time. I can make a cup of coffee faster than my riding buddy can go get one in the convenience store and stand in line to pay for it. I use a $2.00 Melita pour over coffee maker.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

The Jetboil that I was planning to buy was the MiniMo. I liked the larger diameter pot with lower sides... more of a soup pot than a coffee pot (I'm not a coffee drinker).
    But this Stryker pot has similar width to height ratios, but is even bigger at 1.3 Liters.

I have a single burner Coleman stove that rides on top of a 1 Lb Propane bottle (see below), but it has no particular pot, isn't designed like either of these "boilers" and doesn't pack well.

I'm hoping that this Camp Chef will be the dogs paws!
    I think I'll whip up a pot-o-ramen when it gets here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coleman.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	19872

I currently have the JetBoil also..got it as a present about 4 -5 years ago. Just found a larger fuel cannister (believe it was at WalMart) about 3x the size of the original cannister.
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

I've had the Camp Chef for about a year. Works fine. I just need to get the larger pot adapter.

Nashcat
    '08. GL1800
    '06. ST1300

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Nashcat View Post
    I've had the Camp Chef for about a year. Works fine. I just need to get the larger pot adapter.

Nashcat
    Best deal I could find was $12.99 at Blain's Farm and Fleet.

Bought the propane model last year. I had the same issue of not liking proprietary fuel cans.

Works great. The first they shipped me had some issues, they promptly sent me a replacement and didn't ask for the other back.

I bought the pot adapter from thrm, but the pot set from Amazon (I think), maybe I have those reversed. But, considerably cheaper price.

It goes with me on ever moto--camping trip. Even goes on outdoor outings if I think we want a hot-lunch
    '05 ST1300 - 1987 TravelLite p'up, 1999 Roll-A-Home
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by T_C View Post
    Bought the propane model last year. I had the same issue of not liking proprietary fuel cans.

Works great. The first they shipped me had some issues, they promptly sent me a replacement and didn't ask for the other back.

I bought the pot adapter from thrm, but the pot set from Amazon (I think), maybe I have those reversed. But, considerably cheaper price.

It goes with me on ever moto--camping trip. Even goes on outdoor outings if I think we want a hot-lunch
    That's what I was wanting to hear!
    Thanx.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

It arrived tonight. The unboxing was event free, and the optional "Any Pan" Adapter does actually fit in the pot with the stove, although it took some trial and error until I realized that it needed to be completely upside down in the bottom first, or there was no getting the stove, and the tank holder in there, then get the lid on. Actually the items fit so snugly down in the pot that I'm worried the pot will get scratched up a lot from repeating the process. Just a really snug fit that I wasn't expecting. There isn't even room for a small towel to fit in around things to keep them from rattling. I also have to mention that the Mesh Bag that encompasses the whole assembly is pretty cheap. I'll look for a nicer Nylon Bag or something.

Anyway... I'll dig up a propane cylinder this weekend and give it a go. I'll post pictures here too.

[Oh yeah, the Push Button Igniter was a bit loose and crooked, but I straightened it and it works fine. I'll probably throw a small Zip-Tie on it so it doesn't get lost somewhere.]
    Last edited by JMartin; 11-01-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Comment.