Thread: Cycle Gear Bilt Explorer bag

Cycle Gear Bilt Explorer bag

I bought and took the large Bilt Explorer dry bag from Cycle Gear on a one week, almost 1200 mile trip. I hit plenty of rain and this bag made it through multiple downpours both during the ride and while I was watching from inside Starbucks. Not a drop hit anything inside the bag. There were plenty of mounting points to keep the thing secure with Rok straps and a Saddleman yolk on the passenger seat.

There is a big jump between the medium and the large and it took me some time to decide which to take. But no woman ever said, "I wish I used the smaller bag." I definitely had extra room in the large but would have been cramped with a week's worth in the medium. I was meeting up with family and needed some nicer clothes, including shoes for at least 3 nights. I also used it on a very wet camping trip that put some water in my tent from me dripping all over the place. Again, this bag kept everything dry as the moment it went in the bag.

There is no comparison for the price. I don't know about long term durability, or rough handling yet. It will come on a third trip (car camping) in two weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1399.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	19859
    Last edited by RandiZ; 10-21-2016 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Add photo

Re: Cycle Gear Bilt Explorer bag

Nice review. Thank you for sharing.

Jon

Thanks for posting the review.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to do this review! I will probably need to retire my current bag as it is getting some age on it. I have a Cycle Gear within 100 miles so I may ride down and check one out! Thanks again!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Ordered one today. I needed a little more room than my current bag.

Nashcat
    '08. GL1800
    '06. ST1300