Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Used Kermit Chair

Looking for a Used Kermit Chair

Title says most of it. Would prefer blue or black, but depending on price, I'll take what I can get.

2012 Honda Goldwing
    2009 Timeout Camper
    Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 IBA member #59823

Re: Looking for a Used Kermit Chair

Good Luck, one will show up in the Flea Market on ADVRider every now and then, they usually last about 2 minutes and sell for 85 to 90% of full retail. Don't feel bad if you wind up having to pay full retail for a new one, they are worth every penny.
    Don Ricks
    Atlanta. Ga

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive"

I'm just curious, are those chairs really that good? I just looked at the website and $160 for a chair is pretty steep, just curious .

Quote Originally Posted by ncmedic View Post
    I'm just curious, are those chairs really that good? I just looked at the website and $160 for a chair is pretty steep, just curious .
    Yep. Susan got me one as an Xmas gift a few years back. She sat in it once and immediately ordered a 2nd one for her.
    We donated all the other folding chairs we had accumulated over the years.

1) packs small
    2) easy to put together
    3) easy on my bad back as it sits me up straighter than any other lawn chair I had sat in
    4) with the leg extensions I don't have to fight my knees to get up /down into it
    5) very well made and tough as nails. I can normally break a lawn chair in a season or two
    6) made it the USA

Only down side for me is it's too heavy for me to want to carry if I am hiking. Other than that, it's the perfect chair and no, I am not selling mine
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

The features that make this chair are that it's strong (350 lbs weight limit) and it packs small. Will fit in a tour-pak or saddlebag. It's also comfortable. I found that strapping a bag chair on my bike limited my visibility to the rear.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

I have had mine now for 4 years. It is great. It always makes the pack list, no matter what. We are considering purchasing another as there are times only one chair goes along and there are two people. When I travel and don't bring the leg extensions, I have a tendency to stay seated longer. It is a little harder to get out of the chair without the extensions.

I bought the wide version. I also had mine engraved with "LarryinSeattle"

My total to my door price was over $200. No regrets in that purchase. It is just a little hard to pull the trigger for the second one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	19625

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

My Kermit has been around for a long time, I think it's about 16 or 17 years old. There are other chairs that pack a little smaller, weigh a little less, but none are close on comfort, and none will last as long. I don't use leg extensions, I'm only 68, I might try them when I get really old. I've had no problem with getting in or out of the Kermit. If you are really serious about a comfortable durable chair that packs well, get a Kermit.

I haven't seen that strong of a response on a product in a long time, guess I've gotta buy one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ncmedic View Post
    I haven't seen that strong of a response on a product in a long time, guess I've gotta buy one for myself.
    I suggest you sit in one before you do. Just saying.

I had one for years and Im a big boy as in hover over the 300# ,after a few years I ordered the wide glide one as my arse wasnt getting smaller, nothing worng with the normal one just wanted a little more room,
    I recommend either as they are tough, pack ungodly small for what they are and are worth the $160,
    If you dont get your name stitched in you can resell it for $140 + if you dont like it
    2014 Valkyrie Red the fastest color!
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it