Thread: Ricketts Glen State Park

Ricketts Glen State Park

We did camping at Rickett's Glen SP June 12-15, 2016. Although we didn't take the bike (the pooch refuses to ride()..we did use our Bunkhouse and I thought it wold be good to report on the campgrounds. Ricketts Glen in in NE PA. They have 120 tent and trailer sites available and there are pet specific sites. Well maintained restrooms with hot showers. Lots of shaded sites available. They do have a swimming beach and over 26 miles of hiking trails from easy to most difficult. One of the trails that we did was the 7.2 mile trail that showcased 21 waterfalls of varying heights for 11 feet to over 90 feet.

Wood for fires is closely located and can be purchased in the park.

With our senior discount the rate for the site for 3 nights was 53.50 (actually 16.50 per night)
    Camping Fee:$63.00
    Discounts:$(13.50)
    Senior Discount$(13.50)
    Reservation Fee:$4.00
    Taxes:$0.00
    Total:$53.50

Description
    Ricketts Glen harbors Glens Natural Area, a National Natural Landmark. Hike the Falls Trail System and explore the Glens, which boasts a series of wild, free-flowing waterfalls, each cascading through rock-strewn clefts in this ancient hillside. The 94-foot Ganoga Falls is the highest of 22 named waterfalls. Old growth timber and diverse wildlife add to the beauty. Ricketts Glen State Park is one of the most scenic areas in Pennsylvania. This large park is comprised of 13,050 acres in Luzerne, Sullivan and Columbia counties.

Getting There:
    GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
    41.3261, -76.2794
    4119'34"N, 7616'46"W

The park is 30 miles north of Bloomsburg on PA 487. The section of PA 487 from the town of Red Rock to the Lake Jean area of the park is a very steep road. Heavy trailer units should avoid this hill and enter the park by taking PA 487 south from Dushore.
    Contact Information:
    Mailing Address:
    RICKETTS GLEN STATE PARK
    695 STATE ROUTE 487
    BENTON PA 17814
    Phone Number:
    Information: (570)477-5675
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Re: Ricketts Glen State Park

Nice write up on Rickett's Glen SP, wingpilot96. I have never been there but, the hike to see all of those waterfalls sounds really nice!

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

I live about an hour from the park. Never camped there, but have hiked the Falls trail a couple times. And the area is nice riding.

I am even closer than winger 77 it is nice area. I rode threw on 4th of july. Still haven't hiked the falls, maybe this weekend coming up. There are alot of state game lands close.with nice rides have yet to camp any. World's end state park is very scenic have seen plenty of bald eagles there.

Sounds nice! Great price too! I will be 65 next year and am looking forward to discounts! I just paid 60 bucks a night in Ottawa Ontario to camp and they had no where near what this place has! Wont be retiring for awhile as I have to work longer to pay for stuff but at least I can enjoy my GO camper trailer now!

I remember that park from my youth. We udsed to go there and play in the waterfalls.