Re: RJ-97 & Jrcro067s 2016 Alaska Trip

Have a great ride!
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

HAVE A GOOD TIME I will talk to you when you get back. Zipp

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's been a harrowing two weeks, but the bike's now ready to go. Couple more things to get and I'll be ready too.

I know a lot of you are getting ready, or already at the Chill-out. Have a great time.

Just maybe our paths will cross somewhere along the way!

(Threadstarter)

Well, as plans go so do they they change.
    My plan was to head out of Atlanta at 1st light Saturday but I am packed, locked, loaded and just sitting here all antsy. Soooo, I'm heading out shortly with a layover at Hunt's then leave from there Sat morning to rally up with RJ-97.
    I guess this is leg one, mile one and day one of many.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AK Start Mileage.jpg   Loaded 2.jpg   Loaded 1.jpg  
    Jim & Tammie (not the Bakers)
    2011 FLHTK
    Lees-ure Lite

You boys have a most enjoyable and safe ride...no pressure, but..you will have quite an audience following your every move.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrcro067 View Post
    Well, as plans go so do they they change.
    My plan was to head out of Atlanta at 1st light Saturday but I am packed, locked, loaded and just sitting here all antsy. Soooo, I'm heading out shortly with a layover at Hunt's then leave from there Sat morning to rally up with RJ-97.
    I guess this is leg one, mile one and day one of many.
    It was great hanging out with you last night, you guys be safe out there!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

(Threadstarter)

Day 1: 121 miles and 3 hours from Roswell Ga to Hunts.
    Hey, what can I say? It's the Chill Out at Hunts enjoying fellowship with all the usual suspects.

Day 2: 589 miles and 13 hours from Hunts to New Florence Mo.
    Up Sat morning at the Chill Out and patted myself on the back for calling it a night before the Jack Daniels and Fireball made a second lap around the camp file. Yes, today's ride would prove free from any headache attributed to self indulgence. However, the headaches did come. First in the form of some broken com gear, then by the heat and traffic. Leaving at first daylight and about 2 hours into today's leg, my communication headset came loose. Not having the correct Allen wrench size or crazy glue required for a patch job, I skirted off route in search of a hardware store. An hour later, I earned my first Darwin Award of the trip by cleverly holding the crazy glue tube between my teeth!!

Flash forward a few hundred uneventful, boring and traffic congestion miles later, I rolled into Randy & Joyce's at about 6pm. This is where one can say the destination IS the ride. What a beautiful oasis they have. I think this should be the location of Randy’s Annual Missouri Campfire! After a relaxing dinner and enjoyable discussion on the adventures ahead, it was sack time before another long day ahead.

Day 3: 756 miles and 13 hours from New Florence to Castle Rock Co.
    Less than an hour in and my coms broke loose again. At our first fuel stop I set off to try and MacGyver my headset back to the helmet. At this stop, Randy picked up a Darwin Award of his own when discovering his mouthwash bottle had come open in his gear bag. Flip top liquids don’t work well in a motocamping world. But hey, at least he has Lots of fresh smelling gear now! Very uneventful but hot first 9 hours of super slab. Welcomed to Colorado by very gusty crosswinds followed by BB size hail without gearing up. Sun came back out long enough to dry our wet pants then another heavy down pour. Both agree we need to re think our packing tonight to make rain gear more accessible. Made it to Castle Rock Co for a nice relaxing dinner, catching up with old friends and a good nights sleep. Excited about tomorrow when we’ll slow down and enjoy the ride, scenery and camaraderie and a normal pace
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	18827Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	18828Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	18829

How do I rotate the pics from an iPad? They are correct in my album. Thanks.

It was great meeting and talking with you at the Chill out.

Great start on the ride keep it coming if you can but most importantly enjoy your trip
    Trailace/ Rick
    You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him

Jim it was nice to see you at the Chill Out. I hope the trip for you and Randy goes well. Ride safe!!

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate