Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery powered shower and collapsable bucket

Battery powered shower and collapsable bucket

I just tried out our new Ivation shower and our Free Grace 25L collapsable bucket. See below for the Amazon descriptions of both.
    It gave a nice strong stream of water comparable to the shower in our full size RV. It does not have a water saver switch so I just turned the pump off between soaping and rinsing which was easy. Our Free Grace 25L bucket was 3/4 full and I fabricator and i estimate I used about 2 gallons of water. I didn't wash my hair. The bucket didn't collapse during use and appears durable. I will post updates after we use them on a trip.

Ivation Battery-Powered Handheld Portable Shower - Turns Water from Bucket/Sink Into Steady, Gentle Stream - Built-In 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery cost $39.99 with prime shipping. Easy to Use with Water From a Bucket
    Direct USB Charge From Car, Home or Laptop
    Suction Cup & Hanging S-hook Included
    Inline Water-Resistant On/Off Switch
    Active, Built-In Water Filtration System

FreegraceŽ Best Collapsible Bucket -Multifunctional Folding Bucket -Perfect Gear For Camping, Hiking & Travel
    $25.99 with prime shipping
    ✔ 25L(Upgraded Version) size: 13.78 x 10.63 inch(1.4 Pounds/630g), Capacity:1525 Cu.In
    ✔ The only bucket with LID and comfortable GRAB HANDLE on Amazon! Say good bye to pain hand caused by the heavy water and protect your water from dirt, sand and even prevent fish from escaping!

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Battery powered shower and collapsable bucket

So do you carry a portable EZ up shower house/tent to use that?
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

Dusty, we have been looking at the pop up privacy shelters and have one picked out but Fabricator has a plan to make one out of old tent poles and shower curtains that he can attach to the side of our camper when we need it since it is hard sided. He will have to describe how he plans to do it and I will post pics when he gets in done.

Site Supporter

Hi, Granny. I have something that might work for a privacy shelter. I used to use it for a potty tent, but I figured out how to do without it. It collapses into a flat circle about, about 24" on the elongated part. There's no putting it together. You just unzip the cover and it pops out into a tent. In fact, you'd better get out of its way! It's actually a hunting blind, but works fine for a privacy shelter. Trying to post a pic. (BTW--The Aspen Ambassador in this pic is still for sale.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LakeMoomawCampsite2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	18672

Nette ... We have one of those instant pop up thingies like you described, that we use for a restroom/shower stall. It works great for both ...
    Nice things about it is it doesn't take up much room, it's light weight, and is F-A-S-T to set up. (Deb likes the fast set up part .. )

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Site Supporter

Multi-purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Nette View Post
    Multi-purpose!
    Just like at home.

(Threadstarter)

This is the pop up privacy shelter I had picked out and would order if my hubby fabricator decides not to make the thing to hang on the side of our camper. This shelter is water proof and has good reviews both for durability and ease of use. I was worried about mold because we will be moving breaking camp most days on our big trip and I don't know if a shelter would have time to dry out.

The beauty of using one of the pop up shelters is you can set it anywhere you want, you're not stuck with having it attached to the side of your camper ...

I have one very similar and it works great.. only real downside is the size of the frisbee when it's folded up. That, and learning the trick to folding it. The first time I tried to fold it up I would get to the next to last step and I wasn't doing that 'fold under twist in half' thing and I was getting VERY aggravated! Once I accidentally twigged to that it really is a breeze to setup AND take down.

Mine has a 'floor' you can velcro on the bottom. That way you don't have to stand on the grass/mud/pine cones whatever while showering. Never really had a problem wit mildew or anything.. The material sheds water like a duck so it doesn't really stick around. In fact, since we used it as both a shower AND toilet room as soon as showering was done we would take out the bottom, shake it out and put the toilet back in.