Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ride north of winnipeg .

Re: Ride north of winnipeg .

I can't imagine living that close to a big water that there's no trail to the swimming beach. Do you think they require bathing suits ?
    KISS

Check out google earth, it shows the road going a little farther than Bird and Sundance, but still about 40 or 50 miles short of Hudson Bay. I'm sure everyone will be watching your progress.

(Threadstarter)

I am thinking those are railroad tracks the last 50 or 100 miles . There is a power dam at Gillam so good gravel road that far.

(Threadstarter)

I did more research and there are Polar Bears near Gillam . Port Nelson is a ghost town and the RR tracks are a no go . May be able to ride the train to Churchil . Info is sketchy at best they didn't say anything about camping on Gillam web site . Google Churchil MB and have a look .

Ok this has got my attention but not sure if it's worth it.
    Some have tried you can read about it here.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...by-road.61711/

Good luck
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

(Threadstarter)

Trailace thanks for that . Looks like the train it will be Buggz and all . I will take a spot that way at least my camara will get found .

(Threadstarter)

I finely found someone you has drove to Gillam MB and took the train to Curchil to see the Polar bears . He said they will come right up to the muskeg buggy and stand up and look in the window . He said the look they give you is LUNCH . Ride on the train is still $ 66 . Looking at first week of august so will be able to fill a cooler with Blueberrys .

U r getting the best advice... polar bears can get hungry just sayin..they r pretty and cute but if they r hungry.............

(Threadstarter)

Well I took the first long ride and camping this week end since I had surgery on my achillies tendon [ march 10] . Rode about 50 miles on dirt roads and min maint. roads . Had to quit at lunch and head back to camp , my leg was getting quite weak . It felt good to be back on dirt and I should be good to go by the first week of Aug. Total miles of just under 900 .

(Threadstarter)

Wow I just found this and never updated . I never got it done life got in the way . Then in 2016 I tried again . Crossed the border at Warroad and went up east of Winnepeg 0 camp grounds anywhere . just pulled into a old logging landing at almost dark . Ripe Blueberrys as far as I could see and fresh Bear scat . Set up the tent and gathered up some firewood size wood to throw at a bear . I didn't sleep well that night . Got rolling about 6 in the morning . went north until I was well north of the city then went west to rt. 6 . A more boreing road than anything I have ever seen. Long story I fell asleep on the bike and dropped it off the pavement . It was quite a ride but I kept it upright and then I was wide awake . By this time I was near the narrows of lake Manitoba . I asked a local what was between me and Tompson . He said and I quote More of the same with a few less hog farms . I went across at the Narrows and went to there National parks . So my boreing adventure was cut short but was sure an adventure