Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's mesh riding pants

Women's mesh riding pants

I am thinking about purchasing mesh riding pants so I can wear shorts under them. I don't get too hot when we are riding but when we are off the bike checking out the sights I get too hot. I have looked at Iron Pony and Competition accessories stores and the in store selection was of women's mesh pants was very small. I want to stay with grey because I think black will be hot. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am interested in how true brands are to size, comfort, and coolness.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Women's mesh riding pants

I've been wearing a set of Tourmaster Venture Air mesh riding pants since 2009 and love them.
    I usually wear a pair of gym shorts, or a set of shorts from a pair of convertible hiking pants under them in the summer, or the full hiking pants when it's starting to get cooler/chilly mornings.
    They come in black, or silver and the men's sizes are true to size, meant to be worn over pants/shorts.
    They come with a zip out rain/wind and quilted thermo liner.

Check around as you may be able to find them cheaper/on close out.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

I have Joe Rocket and love them!

It really depends on your body style and size. I am short and stout. My waist is the same size an my hip. So I can wear the men's pants. Suz has wider hip and smaller waist so she has to wear the woman's pants.

We both choose to wear Olympia Motorcycle clothing. Why? Because of the adjustability in the hems and waist area. They also have top rated pads in them. I love that Olympia stands behind their products 100%. (Pants that were a year old leaked when they should have been waterproof. They provided me new pants at no cost and got them here in under 3 business days so I could make my next trip)

Down side is the mesh material does not have the larger holes that some material has so they are a bit warmer.

My advise is to go to a shop and try on the clothing. It is the only way you will know what will fit because the sizing on woman's gear is all over the place.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I have the Sliders all season 2 in black.

(Threadstarter)

I purchased the Olympia air glide 4 mesh pants after trying on the air glide 3's at Iron Pony. I chose the 4s because you can put the water proof liner on the inside or outside and I am short waisted and they fit me better. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I forgot the other reason I chose them they had pewter gray where many others only come in black. Fabricator and I both wanted to avoid black because we felt it would be too hot. The air glide 3 came in silver but the 4 does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing mesh riding pants so I can wear shorts under them. I don't get too hot when we are riding but when we are off the bike checking out the sights I get too hot. I have looked at Iron Pony and Competition accessories stores and the in store selection was of women's mesh pants was very small. I want to stay with grey because I think black will be hot. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am interested in how true brands are to size, comfort, and coolness.
    I use the Olympia air mesh, excellent pant.
    Lets Ride

(Threadstarter)

We went for a ride today and I wore my new Olympia Air Glide 4 mesh over pants. I am very pleased with them. The temps were in the mid 80's and humid as usual in SE OH. I stayed cool while moving and comfortable while stopped. The full length zippers not on the outside made taking them off when we stopped quick and easy. Another plus is the pewter color matches my new First Gear mesh jacket. Fabricator and I have matching jackets for the first time in our 25 years of riding together. Here I am with the trike in front of a covered bridge on OH 26 just outside of Marietta OH.

Hey, Granny--I knew that picture looked familiar! From our 2012 trip to Ohio:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RinardBridge.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	18720

(Threadstarter)

Nette yeah that is the same place. It is about 45-50 minutes from where we live. We also live about 2 or 3 miles from the triple nickel (OH 555) if you were on it.