Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen Classic Camper

Re: Aspen Classic Camper

Quote Originally Posted by dan1551 View Post
    Sold .....We are compiling "THE LIST" for next year...... Is that near "TheDragon"?
    Hunts Lodge - the location of the May Motocamper Campout, is within spitin distance of Deals Gap & The Dragon. Are you thinkin of maybe 'chasin the Dragon'? It'll keep ya on your toes.

G wizz

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

May or may notI would love to w/o any idiots ...so maybe on a weekday early in the morning......But it sounds like good scenery and if we can get it worked into my erratic work schedule We will be there for the campout...Also the Big one in New Hampton, Iowa We are working on the list this winter!
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

I've been looking at camp trailers for some time now, comparing features, prices, and reviews from owners. We had narrowed down our choices to the Bunkhouse, Time Out, and Aspen, and the review from the original poster of this thread went a long way toward confirming our choice of the Aspen Classic. We have only taken one trip with it so far, but we are very impressed with the quality and construction of this unit. Our only regret is that we didn't get one sooner!

You are gonna love it!

Thanks for the great reviews. Have been looking for a tent camper for years. Pulling a cargo trailer is good but like the ease of setting up camp after a long day would be nice. Have been impressed with the Aspen since first viewing them. Serious about buying one soon I called the company to ask a few questions. Gary answered the phone in the evening and was very helpful now thats the kind of service I like!!! Now am just trying to decide which options I want before ordering my new Aspen Classic.

See you down the road,

Mark
    See You down the road...
    I get to drive - She does the drive by shooting (with the camera)
    2012 Harley Ultra Classic-'14 XLHD Cargo Trailer
    Our own web page http://www.jmh-limited-editions.com/home.html

Fairly Awsome Guy
    (Threadstarter)

How about a follow up on my Aspen?

This spring it will be 4 years we have had the trailer. Man, how time flies!

Anyway, we have pulled to Nebraska, Colorado, Blue Ridge Parkway, Arkansas a couple of times, Iowa, and Illinois all for trips. We have had great weather, rode out a tornado a half mile away near Litchfield, IL. a couple of years ago, and wind in Nebraska that topped 40 MPH. The camper held up just fine. During the rain/tornado in IL, we got about 8 drops of water in the dressing area. Other than that, nothing.

Other than adding the cooler rack I have done nothing to the trailer except wash and wax after each long trip. I did use some Wal Mart spray on bed liner to coat the front of the "basement" bump as it was getting chipped from gravel.

Right not I am looking forward to camping at the Moonshine Lunch Run next month.

So far, we have no reservations about buying the Aspen.

LET'S GO CAMPING!!!
    '05 GL 1800 Black Cherry
    '07 Aspen Classic Camper
    '09 KLR 650 - '69 Triumph 500 Daytona
    '50 Verbal GPS & Tour Guide

Fairly Awsome Guy
    (Threadstarter)

Another year gone and still not a single issue.

This year we did a 5300 mile loop through Glacier, Crater Lake, OR., the Redwoods, then back across us 50 and I-70 home. Over 100 degrees the first 3 and last 3 days but still a great trip. We also went to Arkansas for the Rogers gathering and Moonshine Lunch Run. Weathered a very severe thunderstorm Saturday morning of Moonshine. Got a few drops of water in the door but that was because the dressing room was literally floating in 6 inches of water flowing through the KOA.

It is great to see that you are out and having fun with your Aspen. That is what they are made for. I love mine and have not had any problems whatsoever with mine also. Nice post!

we have a bunkhouse and love it more than some relatives the best feature is the electric over hydraulic brakes would like to hear others opinions about ther brake set ups

Hey Wrench...looks like we are neighbors...Im in Batesville...I don't have electric brakes on my Aspen Classic camper...but so far I have been able to stop at campgrounds and garage sales just fine...hahahaha