Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen Classic Camper

Re: Aspen Classic Camper

Just bought an Aspen classic....Right now its set up in the garage while We accumulate all the goodies we need ....Been through a couple tents this looks like the HILTON in comparison we will try and put up a post after the first couple trips .....

Quote Originally Posted by dan1551 View Post
    Just bought an Aspen classic....Right now its set up in the garage while We accumulate all the goodies we need ....Been through a couple tents this looks like the HILTON in comparison we will try and put up a post after the first couple trips .....
    Dan1551:
    Welcome to the A.C.C. ! (Aspen Camper Club)
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your new camper. Sure beats sleepin on the ground.
    Just keep in mind ... although you have a large cargo bay with the Classic Camper, don't get carried away with packing a lot of extra weight, since you're not going to be pullin this with a truck.

G wizz

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Hey Whizz, what engine mods do you have to your hog. I pulled my AC with my Road Glide one time and didn't like how it pulled so I have been pulling it with my Gold Wing ever since. I want to pull the camper with the Harley to Daytona for Biketoberfest but am not real comfy with it although a lot of folks tell me it is fine.

Thanks, Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Hey Whizz, what engine mods do you have to your hog. I pulled my AC with my Road Glide one time and didn't like how it pulled so I have been pulling it with my Gold Wing ever since. I want to pull the camper with the Harley to Daytona for Biketoberfest but am not real comfy with it although a lot of folks tell me it is fine.

Thanks, Chief
    Chief:
    No modifications done, other than a Bagger Brace engine stabalizer.
    The fuel injected '96' C.I. engine has enough power to pull, although when pulling a trailer, sixth gear is kinda worthless below about 70.

My last ride was a 1999 Road King, that one, I bumped up to '95' C.I., dropped in a set of Andrews G 26 gear drive cams, had head work done, and reworked the carb. also went with a true duel exaust, free flowing mufflers, and a K&N air cleaner. - Fast & fun, but LOUD!
    Would I do that over again? ... No, I don't feel I gained that much for as much $$ was spent for the mods.

Both bikes pull our camper well, only difference being, the new bike, with no mods, gets better gas milage, and also has better brakes, so stops the bike and trailer better.

I've never felt unconfortable pulling with a Harley, but then, I've never pulled with anything else.
    Started pulling trailers with a 1969 Electra Glide, over thirty years ago, see no reason to change now.

One thing though ...We've found we don't need a lot of things that many people feel are necessisiites, to enjoy a camping trip, so we don't load down our camper with a lot of heavy unneeded items.
    I probabaly pull a lot less weight than most people do, with their trailers.

G wizz

Thanks everyone for your comments on the pros of camping with
    a trailer..

I'm looking all the time for a way to get the wife to go camping.

Take care

Chuck
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

hey chief I pull a kwik-kamp trailer with my '04 flhtc the only mods on my bike are a mikuni carb and an Arlen Ness big sucker air breather kit and Rinehart true duals my camper has an empty wt. of #350 and I add about #100 lbs of stuff when going on a trip I don't have any problems pulling it

Excellent links. Very nicely done.

Enjoy your trailer and keep us updated on what you like, don't like, changed etc.

I like the Lazy Bum ....

I think that suits my needs for camping and being lazy at the same time.

Thank you.
    ~Gruuvy:__"I can build that"

Took put the aspen classic first time last weekend ( thats right ...November in illinois) I think were gonna love it !
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by dan1551 View Post
    Took put the aspen classic first time last weekend ( thats right ...November in illinois) I think were gonna love it !
    Dan:
    Glad to hear you're loving your new camper. We've certainly gotten a lot of use from ours, and we still love using it.
    You'll enjoy it even more if you bring it on down to the
    ~ Cherohala Chill Out ~ in Tennessee next May.

~~~~ YES Folks, that was a plug for the "Motocamper Campout". ~~~~

G wizz

Sold .....We are compiling "THE LIST" for next year...... Is that near "TheDragon"?