Thread: Recipes

Recipes

Is there anybody interested in sharing recipes on the forum? I love to eat, and when I'm not on the road, I enjoy cooking for myself. I also love riding someplace to get a good meal (Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride), but that's a horse of a different color.

I came up with the idea because I'm sitting here enjoying my Roasted Chicken Dinner, and thought that I'd share the recipe with people if they want it. You might have a favorite meal that you might want to share with the rest of us, so what what do you think? Yes, No or go chase that rolling donut?
    You can't put a price on Worthlessness.

Re: Recipes

Mmmmmmmm Donuts!!! I Love to eat too, So much I need bigger pants.
    Gene
    1996 GL1500 SE, 2003 Aspen. 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
    Life Is What You Make Of It; Please Make It Fun It Doesn’t Last Long.

(Threadstarter)

My recipes are generally fairly easy. I'm a bachelor who cooks for just myself, but I do cook a few items that are noteworthy Here's what I fixed for dinner tonight.

Roasted Chicken w/Potatoes and Peas

First turn on the oven to 375º and let it heat.

While it's heating, take 1 split chicken breast (with bones and skin) and place it in a good sized bowl. Then pour about 4 ounces of Canola oil on it. After it's completely coated with oil, place it in a baking pan (I prefer Pyrex, but any pan will do) Leave the bowl with the oil close by.

Take four (4) medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes and quarter them. Then throw them in the bowl. mix them around until they're coated all over, then put them in the pan with the chicken (not on top of it, but along side). Now, feel free to use more oil if there isn't enough to coat everything liberally. Extra oil will just drain down to the bottom of the pan.

Now, sprinkle everything with salt, black pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Don't be cheap with the seasonings.

By now, the oven should be warmed up, so put the pan with the chicken and spuds in it and leave things alone for 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, turn the oven up to 450º. Now, open a can of LeSueur very young small sweet peas and drain off the liquid.

After 10 minutes at 450, take the pan out of the oven and remove the chicken and potatoes. dump the cam of peas into the oil and drippings from the chicken. Shake the pan a little to spread the peas out, then put it in the oven for 10 more minutes, then shut off the stove and put the peas into their own serving bowl.

You'll find it really all tastes different, but quite tasty.

Thanks Crusty, this certainly sounds very appealing and can hardly wait to head to WalMart in the morning for a chicken...

Follow-up report....OUTSTANDING recipe...added a can of whole string beans as well and my wife thought I had been hanging around with Emeril...will definitely do again.

These recipes could (should?) be put in the 'FOOD' forum on the drop down list ... The'd be easier to find at a later date ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

(Threadstarter)

Where's that at? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Where's that at? I can't find it.
    At the top left of the Home page, next to "What's new' is 'Forums' tap that, then scroll down till you come
    to 'Food' ...
    There, you can pick your category ...

Yes, keep them coming. It's about lunch time here and I'm starving.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

Crusty's chicken recipe sounds pretty good.

Speaking of chicken, there's beer can (or pop can or whatever) which works like a charm, especially on the barbie, but last summer I tried spatchcocking a chicken (works well on turkey too). All you need is a good pair of scissors to remove remove the backbone. You cut along both sides of the backbone and remove it. Flatten the chicken and put it on the barbie or in the oven. It will cook much quicker and evenly.

Here's how to do it:
    http://homecooking.about.com/od/poultry/ss/how-to-spatchcock-chicken-step-by-step.htm#step1

It's warming up here, so it's time to fire up my Kamado 'egg' smoker/grill.

Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing