Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another Coffee maker

Re: Another Coffee maker

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Ya know, I like THIS so well that I put my coffee maker at the house away and use it full time now. Only thing different that I do than their directions is I use a Number 4 filter instead of a Number 2. The #2 kept folding in as I was pouring the water in but the #4 is tall enough that it doesn't.

For camping I just boil the water with my pocket rocket stove (2 minutes boil time), pour it in the dripper which is placed over my cup, toss the grounds away inside the filter, and I have my coffee just the way I like it. No mess either.
    I really like the idea that the Slick Drip collapses so small tho I don't have one of these....yet. But in the single cup models I have also found that the #4 filter works better.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Yep, I tried that version and did not like the coffee it made. To be honest I tried like 6 different versions of the cone before I found one I like. I like my coffee pretty darn strong so I use a dark roasted Starbucks bean, use 1/3 of a cup of the ground beans, and like the twin hole version of the cone. That makes me 12oz of coffee...yeah I like my coffee to walk out the door

Some of the cones allowed the water to run too quickly so not strong enough. Others made coffee too strong even for me and that is some strong coffee! I also like that mine collapses for transport and that it is silicone so a quick rinse and it's clean.
    I tried several ways of using the cone,I found that for regular coffee,one filter and for a stronger cup two filters Works for me-filters are cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by StanC View Post
    I really like the idea that the Slick Drip collapses so small tho I don't have one of these....yet. But in the single cup models I have also found that the #4 filter works better.
    I have a similar item I picked up in the grocery store. I don't care for it, personally, and have bought a MyJo. If anybody would like the collapsible one, it's yours for the cost of postage. I'll even throw in most of a package of #2 filters.

Cheryl

I looked for a MyJo today in 2 different local Walmart stores and they didn't have any. So I ordered one from Amazon. I shop a lot on amazon because we live in a rural areA without many shopping options except for K-Mart, Walmart, Family Dollar, Dollar General, and a small mall with very little variety of stores. Hopefully it will come by this coming weekend so we can try it out during our Memorial Day camping in our RV with family and friends. The upside is there are lots of nice twisties to ride in southeastern OH where we live.

Simplest way I know... other than Cowboy Coffee.

Cowboy Coffee, boiling grounds in a cup.
    Let grounds settle to the bottom, sip carefully.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coffee.JPG  
    Never mind the ROCKS
    LET'S ROLL!

When was the last time you tasted your oil?

I have been through probably a dozen or so ways to make coffee while moto-camping in the last 21 years. I had a few small plastic French Presses (most campgrounds will be very upset if they catch you with glass), a Coleman Percolator, another off-brand Percolator when the Coleman broke (most of these camp percolators have very flimsy guts), camp drip one-cup makers, collapsible one-cup makers, and even a Coleman Drip Coffee Maker to put over a Coleman Gas Stove.

Lately, I have to say, I have been using the Folders Coffee bags that look like Tea Bags. The Folgers "Singles". Simple and they taste good to me.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Folgers-Coffe...Bcoffee%2Bbags

I may go back to a traveling coffee press or a one cup drip maker at some point, but those Folgers Singles make it so easy to have coffee in the morning, I may stick with them.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    I have been through probably a dozen or so ways to make coffee while moto-camping in the last 21 years. I had a few small plastic French Presses (most campgrounds will be very upset if they catch you with glass), a Coleman Percolator, another off-brand Percolator when the Coleman broke (most of these camp percolators have very flimsy guts), camp drip one-cup makers, collapsible one-cup makers, and even a Coleman Drip Coffee Maker to put over a Coleman Gas Stove.

Lately, I have to say, I have been using the Folders Coffee bags that look like Tea Bags. The Folgers "Singles". Simple and they taste good to me.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Folgers-Coffe...Bcoffee%2Bbags

I may go back to a traveling coffee press or a one cup drip maker at some point, but those Folgers Singles make it so easy to have coffee in the morning, I may stick with them.
    Wife and I have been doing this way for years. Good Coffee---Easy Peasy !
    RIDE TO LIVE !

Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    Wife and I have been doing this way for years. Good Coffee---Easy Peasy !
    I agree. Easy to make and the coffee (to me) tastes great.

Another Coffee maker

Weve had some lengthy discussions here about what kind of coffee maker to use on the road - percolator, french press etc. Well I am here to announce I have the final answer.

Starbucks instant.

Nuff said.

Color me simple if you like but I need know. What is the purpose of the plug on top of the Myjo? It pumps with or without it. I have tried and it makes coffee, just not confident in the process. My jetboil is great but messy and so will supply the hot water for general use.

Still in search of the perfect cup of coffee. Presently holding best was the free cup offered by a new friend in a distant campground.
    Thank you
    John
    KISS