Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Coffee maker

Re: Another Coffee maker

LarryinSeattle; I like the Aero press, but my favorite go to is the Melita Coffee maker. It costs 3.00 for the cone, you could use a dollar store funnel as well, but if you watch this video you will see just how easy it is to brew a perfect cup of coffee.

Yeah Larry this is still the best I've found!

I don't drink coffee. Not even sure why I don't. However, after reading through this thread I'm beginning to think I should. My better half loves it though. And is very particular about her coffee. So are my camping friends. Coffee preferences are funny. What some may consider to be a good cup of coffee - others may consider to be the worse cup of coffee they've ever tasted. With that kind of hyperbole in mind, at the campsite, we have used a French press for years and it has served our group reasonably well. People consider it "acceptable" in terms of taste and ease of making. However, it does involve some preparation, and clean-up is a bit of a pain. One of our group members buys the most expensive beans and grinds them himself. This past year - I suggested that everyone try some Starbucks Via (instant) coffee. Just for fun. I had read about it on a number of backpacking forums and numerous reviewers extolled the virtues of this instant brew. I was very skeptical. Mrs. GearDrivenCam looked at my like I'd lost my marbles. She was very reluctant based on some rather traumatic taste experiences with instant coffee in the past. So I purchased a small bundle of packets and she tried some at home first. To her surprise - she found it acceptable. "Good" in fact. She said that it didn't taste like instant coffee. My friends on the campsite found it acceptable too. And the preparation is so incredibly easy. Packets are light and take little room. No French press needed. Clean-up is easier and simpler. Granted - for some coffee snobs - it's hard to imagine how this would suffice in terms of taste. But if my picky group could be converted, I thought it would be worth mentioning it here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

Even though I can get discount Starbucks at the VA Medical Center, I quite patronizing Starbucks several years ago, due to corporate agendas.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

I just ordered one of these along with a collapsible tea pot. I'll give you some input once I try it.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

Starbuck Via is a very good option for making coffee while camping...tastes nothing like any instant coffee. Just a bit more pricey per cup.....
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    I just ordered one of these along with a collapsible tea pot. I'll give you some input once I try it.
    Well the new MyJo Coffee pot arrived and I tried it out with some Donut House coffee. I think it will work fine. After that I decided to do visit my local bike dealer and I came home with a new Suzuki 650 V-Strom Adventure bike. I think the new bike and coffee pot will work great together. Better for some dirt roads than my H-D Roadglide. Now to get the fishing gear ready

Well the new MyJo Coffee pot arrived and I tried it out with some Donut House coffee. I think it will work fine. After that I decided to do visit my local bike dealer and I came home with a new Suzuki 650 V-Strom Adventure bike. I think the new bike and coffee pot will work great together. Better for some dirt roads than my H-D Roadglide. Now to get the fishing gear ready
    Like the coffee---buy a motorcycle!!! I'm gonna get some of that for "the little lady"
    RIDE TO LIVE !

Congratulations on the new bike!
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Is the bike color matched to the coffee maker?? NICE!!

I'm sure you will enjoy both your new bike and a refreshing cup of coffee made with your MyJo. That was a good question posed earlier. Are they color matched or contrasting? As long as they look good together and work together you will be good to go fishing.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate